Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Ride, Alton Towers Staffordshire
2.0
  • Alton Towers in Staffordshire is one of the best
  • Now I will be honest and say that this ride was a bit boring for me, it wasn't all that exciting, most probably due to my age, but I am sure that the young kids will love it
  • I think it was good at first, but I would say it's not a ride you would want to go on lots of times
  • Quite hard to believe really, as it's not that of a big ride, and I would think that many people would be disappointed after waiting for such a long time

• by internetwhizzkid

Like many I am a fan of theme parks, and all the thrills that they can offer. Even though it’s probably one of the only fully fledged theme parks that I have ever been to. Alton Towers in Staffordshire is one of the best. No main particular reason is, it just is.

Just recently they have had a new ride called “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory” which obviously is based on the film Charlie and the Chocolate factory. Now if I am honest this game is more than likely aimed at very young children, as after all its not the most exciting ride that I have ever been on.

After getting onto the ride, you initially sit in a boat

shaped “car” and you travel around a water track through tunnels (just like the magical boat ride in the films) you then basically sit and watch as a voice in the boat tells you the story of Charlie and the Chocolate factory. Obviously it’s only around 5 minutes long, but it mainly concentrates on the events that happened in the factory (Violet going to the juicing room etc)

There are moving characters and equipment on the sides along the way. There is nothing else happening inside this part, other than just watching the story, there is no dips drops or splashes nothing like that. After around five minutes you come to the end of the track, where you get

off and then move onto a second part of the ride. You are directed by staff to a very large screen where a video will be played. Once again this was nothing exciting just an animation of “Willy Wonka” advertising chocolate bars etc.

After the presentation doors open where you will advance into another room. This room is the glass elevator (which is seen at the end of the films) Voices in the background basically simulate what was said in the films, things like “what’s this room Mr Wonka? And where are we going? What’s this button do etc etc.”

As this happens a massive video wall is playing a video corresponding to what is being said. Now even though ...

• Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Ride, Alton Towers Staffordshire
      it’s basic, you are standing on an earthquake simulator platform its very lifelike, and what you see on the screen does correspond to the movements, like going up and down stairs, falling into a pot of chocolate and then the finale going through the glass roof. Now I will be honest and say that this ride was a bit boring for me, it wasn’t all that exciting, most probably due to my age, but I am sure that the young kids will love it. It’s a very weak ride so anyone will be able to go on it without any trouble whatsoever. I think it was good at first, but I would say it’s not a ride you
      would want to go on lots of times.

Due to a disability I do not have to queue to get on the ride. But what really did surprise me, was the fact that this ride has one of the longest lines for the ride that I have ever seen. Apart from it spilling outside the line continues for 20-30 or more metres inside! Quite hard to believe really, as it’s not that of a big ride, and I would think that many people would be disappointed after waiting for such a long time.

Really if you don’t want to queue for a long time, and want a ride that is fast and will give you thrills, then this ride is not for you.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 59104655690730/k2311a041/4.1.09