Orkut.com
  • And I got a very pleasant surprise when I found almost all my school friends through Orkut
  • Being a book freak I loved the book application that allowed the user to show their favourite books and interact with other book freaks
  • Orkut provides an interesting feature of tracking the people who have seen your profile and the number of views that your profile has received

• by Swati

The most sought after site in India, Orkut has made a place in the world internet very quickly. This social networking site has undergone umpteen changes ever since its launch and has witnessed a steep increase in the number of users that use this site to connect globally. Most popular among college students and youngsters this site has made people meet each other after years.

I started with an orkut around 2 years back. My college friends urged me to join them on Orkut.

So I

thought of giving it a try. In no time I was hooked to this site.

I searched through people and communities to find my school friends who were no longer in contact with me. And I got a very pleasant surprise when I found almost all my school friends through Orkut.

I am in touch with each one of them now thanks to this social networking site. When the site started it had not offered many features as it offers now.

Multiple photos can now be ...

• uploaded and many new applications can be added. Being a book freak I loved the book application that allowed the user to show their favourite books and interact with other book freaks.

I liked sending my friends graphical and interactive messages (called scraps). People can write testimonial about each other, or become a fan of the other member.

Now different themes can be applied to the account to flaunt your style. You can tag the pictures that are uploaded on the site.

Orkut provides an interesting

feature of tracking the people who have seen your profile and the number of views that your profile has received. This is an interesting way to know who has visited your profile, and is interested in being your friends.

You can even secure your profile by restricting the access by locking your photo album and scrapbook and other such features so that only the people in your friends lit can access these features. It’s a nice way to connect with your friends and also grow your social network.

Orkut.com

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 20104655390730/k2311a041/4.1.09