Mozilla Firefox  » Software  »
  • Internet Explorer seems to be the stock standard web browser nowadays, but it's certainly not the best
  • One of my favourite features of Firefox are add-ons
  • Ultimately, I would recommend Mozilla Firefox to any internet user, regardless of the fact whether you want to customise it or not

• by desired_penname

Internet Explorer seems to be the stock standard web browser nowadays, but it’s certainly not the best. It’s not that customisable, quite insecure (one hacker said that it’s the easiest to crack into!) and you can get faster speeds on other browsers. That’s why I switched to Mozilla Firefox.

One of my favourite features of Firefox are add-ons. I now

have a little bar at the bottom of Firefox telling me if I’ve got new email in any one of my five email addresses (biggest timesaver ever!), Greasemonkey (which allows me to tweak various pages like Gmail and Google search) and even Fasterfox, which speeds up the page load time and tells you how long it took! Every time ...

• I’m forced to use Internet Explorer (at a public computer, etc.) I cringe as 1) it takes twice as long to open and 2) you don’t get the functionality that you do in Firefox.

I also like Firefox’s simplicity. Another thing that drives me away from Internet Explorer is its sleek, new age appearance which just serves to complicate things.

IE hides the menu bar and just confuses me! With Firefox the menu bar is right at the top and everything is ‘as it should be’, which really pleases me.

Ultimately, I would recommend Mozilla Firefox to any internet user, regardless of the fact whether you want to customise it or not. If you appreciate internet speed and security, get Firefox!

Mozilla Firefox

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 30104655330630/k2311a041/4.1.09