iPod Shuffle Refurbished 2GB  » Electronics  »
  • I bought the iPod Shuffle refurbished AND on special, so it was a great bargain
  • I took the plunge and bought one on a Monday and it arrived on the Thursday (I paid by bank transfer, so that is quick
  • However, I don't like Apple's Morse code-like status lights
  • Overall, I like the Shuffle, but I won't be throwing my Classic away any time soon

• by desired_penname

I bought the iPod Shuffle refurbished AND on special, so it was a great bargain! ‘Refurbished’ basically means ‘used’. Refurbished iPods may have been used for testing by Apple, returned (unopened) because the consumer changed their mind or defective and subsequently repaired. They have the same warranty as a new iPod at a lower price. They

pass all quality testing if you buy direct from Apple, so why not? I took the plunge and bought one on a Monday and it arrived on the Thursday (I paid by bank transfer, so that is quick!).

The iPod Shuffle is a brilliant piece of engineering which is very ‘ergonomic’ and sleek. However, I don’t like ...

• Apple’s Morse code-like status lights: these are unintelligible. I also wish Apple had included playlists in this generation of the Shuffle. If you’re in the mood for pop and you have even one classical song on your shuffle you have to take the effort of skipping over it. Also, it wouldn’t have done much harm for
        Apple to include a ‘hold’ switch on the Shuffle (rather than ‘press Play three times’).

Overall, I like the Shuffle, but I won’t be throwing my Classic away any time soon. With no screen, it’s not suitable for those with large music libraries (just use a Nano with shuffle songs enabled) and makes interpreting status lights quite difficult.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 16104655310630/k2311a041/4.1.09