Mammoth, CA
Mammoth, CA
  • The hotels and condos are all really expensive in this area, and I don't think you really have any other choice during the winter months
  • I think it would be to cold to go out and camp
  • But kind of blazing my own path on the trails to find spots that I thought were of the utmost beautiful
  • I love it and I really want to go back again but being in college is starting to strip me of all my money and well that hurts my whole traveling ideas

• by David Boston

Mammoth, CA is a great beautiful place with some nice skiing to be had in the area. And that what you will hear the most about it. But it’s not eh only great thing that this place provides you with. The lakes during the summer time are really, really beautiful. And I can’t help but go back at all times of year to have fun and admire what beauty this place possess.

The first place that you need to stop when you get to Mammoth is the Visitor Center/Ranger Station which only makes sense right. You can pick up maps, and information of all the areas that surround everything in the area. You wouldn’t want to get completely lost in this area, and I will tell that

is something that is really possible if you just go wonder off with no regard to where you are going!

The hotels and condos are all really expensive in this area, and I don’t think you really have any other choice during the winter months. I think it would be to cold to go out and camp! But during the summer months I would go camp out there. It’s much, much, much cheaper than trying to stay in a hotel. And I think that it’s a great way to enjoy nature which most of us don’t get out and do often enough!

If you go during the winter there are a lot of nice little coffee shops that you can go to and warm up and why ...

• not. It’s a nice way to end a day of skiing, and the people at these places seemed really, really nice. And I did talk to quite a few people who were from around these parts in California.

During the summer do a lot of hiking and see what you can find out there. So much is hidden some places that I would tell you to go to for sure though is Devil’s Postpile and Rainbow Falls. However surely you can find more things that will interest you out there. I mean for me it wasn’t about finding all the little places that the maps told you about. But kind of blazing my own path on the trails to find spots that I thought were of

the utmost beautiful. Maybe I’m different but I don’t really like having a set idea when I’m going out into the wilderness. Now get me wrong I don’t just wonder of the trail!

My suggestion is go! And go during different season’s because the area seems completely different depending on the time of the year that you go! I love it and I really want to go back again but being in college is starting to strip me of all my money and well that hurts my whole traveling ideas. However if you ever get the chance, and if I ever get the chance I will be going back to this place because it is honestly a really big place to go here and have a lot of fun!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 383103655201131/k2311a0331/3.31.09