Bakersfield California
2.5
Bakersfield, California
  • Well, I can tell you that I don't think of a whole lot when this city comes to my mind
  • The fog get really, really, really dense sometimes and it's basically impossible see right in front of you so try to avoid driving around those times
  • My suggestion is living here is pretty affordable compared to most of California, and if you like the small town feel

• by David Boston

Bakersfield California what do you think of when you think of Bakersfield. Well, I can tell you that I don’t think of a whole lot when this city comes to my mind. Honestly myself and just about everybody else has heard of this city off of a movie or from someone else. But does any but the people who live there actually know what’s there?

One thing is if you like extreme heat then this is the place for you to go to during the summer. I mean it can get up to around 115 degrees, and I can tell you that I’m not much of a fan of that kind of heat! Oh well, that’s when I was there and there are quite a

few public pools that you can go and use to cool off. But like me sometimes public pools kind of make me uneasy they aren’t always the cleanest things if they do like really clean.

But really as far as tourist attractions go there isn’t a whole lot to do out here compared to many other big cities. You don’t get any sort of snow during the winter which makes the night there just cold with no real purpose in less you hate snow and like cold? One thing to be leery of though is the fog. The fog get really, really, really dense sometimes and it’s basically impossible see right in front of you so try to avoid driving around those times. Because that ...

• leads to a lot of injuries and the risk just isn’t worth where ever you are trying to get to.

Apparently there really aren’t many clubs out here and when I asked people about them. They said they come around and disappear after a short while. Not really sure why though I mean this place should have the population to support something more fun for the younger generation.

Oh well, I guess that can remedy with the fact that it really isn’t that far from some very large areas. Like considering the fact that it’s only 120 miles from LA. Which you can probably get to in less than two hours, and you can always find something to do somewhere in LA. The only

plus I guess is if you like small towns. Even though this place is really large is does feel like more of a small town area!

My suggestion is living here is pretty affordable compared to most of California, and if you like the small town feel. But don’t actually want to live in a Small Town then you may have found the perfect city for you. However I feel to isolated from fun things to do when I’m in Bakersfield, and some people say that is just not true. But I’ve been there and I couldn’t really find anything that I couldn’t find anywhere else. Ex. Bowling allies, parks, etc. So I won’t be returning there anytime soon, nor will I ever live in this area.

Bakersfield California

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 383103655081131/k2311a0331/3.31.09