Arlington, TX  » Travel  »
2.5
Arlington, TX
  • But I quite enjoyed the city when I went down there
  • I did some interesting information from someone that I met down there which isn't really a good thing
  • My suggestion is go somewhere else close, and visit Six Flags or go watch a sports game
  • But don't come just for the sake of visiting this place because you will be highly disappointed by what you see because well honestly the place just isn't that great

• by David Boston

Arlington, TX has gotten some bad rap from some people. But I quite enjoyed the city when I went down there. Although I did go to Six Flags, and that could be a reason I enjoyed it so much. I’m a rollercoaster fanatic so that could be a reason that I loved the place so much because I will say though if you are traveling from afar don’t just come to here. I would stay in Dallas or Ft. Worth and spend most of my time over there. Because will there isn’t a whole lot behind Arlington which I mean isn’t a bad thing.

I did some interesting information from someone that I met down there which isn’t really a good thing. But Arlington is

the largest city that doesn’t have mass transit and I have to say that’s more of a pain than anything else. Because traffic does get pretty bad there sometime.

Something that I also really liked about this city is that they are home to Texas Rangers, and the Dallas Cowboys. I’ve always been a huge Cowboys fan although I have to admit the franchise is quite frustrating a lot of the time. But I’ve always loved the team.

Outside of this there really isn’t much to go see in this city. You will find when you want to eat really good on vacation you will be wondering out of the city and to other surround areas. Like Dallas, or Ft. Worth. I mean Arlington ...

• has all of the normal chain restaurants Olive Garden, etc. But when I’m on vacation I don’t want to eat at the places that I could have eaten at when I was home to begin with. There is fun in that to me!

Also I have to say none of the hotels out here strike me as a real good place to stay at. I stayed at the Holiday inn for Cross Country meets, and it seemed pretty loud while I was there. But I guess that could have been because I was around when a bunch of school athletes where there but it was quite annoying to have to deal with, and it never seemed like the hotel ever did anything about it.

We actually had to pull the phone off the hook so that we wouldn’t get random phone calls at like 2 in the morning before our race.

My suggestion is go somewhere else close, and visit Six Flags or go watch a sports game. But don’t come just for the sake of visiting this place because you will be highly disappointed by what you see because well honestly the place just isn’t that great. There isn’t a whole lot to see here, and it would just be a waste of your time to come here just for Arlington, TX. Because you will run out of thing to do really, really quickly, and then well that’s the end of the fun. Best of luck on your vacation searching!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 383103655041131/k2311a0331/3.31.09