East 6th Street & Congress Ave. Austin, TX  » Travel  »
  • I'm sure you have because I know I've heard about this happening all the time
  • My suggestion is that this place if for anyone who really does love music, and parties

• by David Boston

East 6th Street & Congress Ave. Ever hear of people going down there to party. I’m sure you have because I know I’ve heard about this happening all the time. It’s the happening place, etc, etc, and I have to tell you it does seem pretty true. It does seem like everyone really does go there and it’s pretty crazy when you see the whole thing but it doesn’t bother me at all. I did have quite a bit of fun of there and I honestly don’t really drink. Although that may make the whole thing a bit more fun it just isn’t for me. But that a different story altogether.

There are tons and tons of bars down the seven blocks where everything is located

and that one of the biggest draws when it comes to all the college students who attend 6th street. Which is the people that I went with when I was down in Austin, TX. There are also a few pretty hip clubs that are located around this area and I have to tell you a lot of the people that seem to get in aren’t 21 for sure. So if you aren’t you may try heading down that way anyways, Your chances are better if you’re a girl then a guy also.

The music down here is a great and that’s perfect because that’s what Austin is all about and well it’s a just a whole great thing to see. I’ve always love music and being ...

• able to go from place to place and hear all sorts of different music, and even sometimes live performances is just a blast and I loved it. I wish Lubbock had something more like it but that’s just wishful thinking when it comes to this whole thing.

They also have some good food there and I’m not talking about from the bars. But they do actually have some good food joints down there, and why not they are banking of all of the people who are down there partying. I mean that does make you hungry after all so why not get some real food?

My suggestion is that this place if for anyone who really does love music, and parties. There is always something that is

going on down 6th street and it always really a blast. Now I’ve heard stories of people getting into fights sometimes. But when does that not happen when people are drinking? I will tell you though while I was down there everyone seemed like they were in pretty good spirits while drinking there beer, eating their food, and dancing the night away. I will say I spend a lot more time in the clubs since I don’t really drink and they were a blast. It’s seemed like it was pretty easy to meet people and that wasn’t just to dance but to talk to and figure out what else does on in this Texas city. So if you go down there let loose and have some fun!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 383103655011131/k2311a0331/3.31.09