Vietnam Veterans Memorial  » Travel  »
900 Ohio Drive, SW; Washington, DC 20024
  • All while knowing that there is a good chance that you could lose your life, and while I think that
  • I believe that when schools begin to learn about this war any that can make their way to this memorial should g
  • I know when I first learned about this when I was younger I didn't understand the scale of everything that was told to me, or that I read out of book
  • And I regret ever doing so because it's much large then I thought it was
  • I think about how I was there almost every day now and it's hard, and while I don't think it effects everybody like this it does remind people from time to time what this world has gone through and what hatred it has seen, and is probably yet to see

• by David Boston

Vietnam Veterans Memorial what can I say? This is one of the most somber places that I have ever been to. It’s hard to stand there and remember all of the violence and death that occurred during this war. Yet we all must remember what happened for the future’s sake of being safe because if we don’t will we make the same mistakes and cause lots of death at the same time? I thankfully was not involved in this war but I did have family who was, and I was lucky enough to have them come home. So many where not this lucky though and this is one way to remember what these people gave to us.

While I was there I couldn’t help but

stare at the wall and imagine. Imagine what it was it would be like to put your life on the line for so many people who you don’t know. All while knowing that there is a good chance that you could lose your life, and while I think that. I also think that these people must be better people then me because I honestly don’t know if I could do that I think I would be much too scared to put my life out there like that.

I believe that when schools begin to learn about this war any that can make their way to this memorial should g. I know when I first learned about this when I was younger I didn’t understand the ...

• scale of everything that was told to me, or that I read out of book. I more or less just brushed everything off and that wasn’t a good thing but me, and so many other teenagers do this. And I regret ever doing so because it’s much large then I thought it was.

There are a few different parts that have been unveiled over the years, “The Wall’, “The Three Servicemen”, and the Vietnam “Women’s Memorial”, and they all posses great meaning and they are all very touching, and they really do make you think a lot about life. I think about how I was there almost every day now and it’s hard, and while I don’t think it effects everybody like this it does remind

people from time to time what this world has gone through and what hatred it has seen, and is probably yet to see.

Mu suggestion is that everybody should go this memorial because you are really truly missing a great masterpiece if you do not ever go to this amazing place, and I think when we need to remember. So if you are ever in Washington D.C. you must go because I know if I’m ever back there I will make another stop there and pay my tribute to all of these young soldiers that paid with their lives for us. There is not greater price that they or their families could have paid during this war, or for anything for that matter. Life is special.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 383103654911131/k2311a0331/3.31.09