Nikon AF NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8D Lens Good  » Cameras  »
  • While I don't like it quite as much as the canon 1.4 it's still does a great job, and if I owned a Nikon I probably would gone with this lens however I do not
  • Now if you are attempting to travel light with your camera then this is probably the lens for you since it is very small and you can capture some great (amazing) pictures with this camera
  • I'm not a professional or anything but I love it, and I've seen rave reviews about its sharpness elsewhere
  • Although I found manual focus to a just a little bit hard I mean it doesn't focus well
  • I know he's been able to catch some great pictures outside while just doing his normal every day thing

• by David Boston

Nikon AF NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8D Lens this is another great short lens. Although I do own the canon 5mm 1.4. I have been able to take this one for a test run, and I find that is it is a pretty good lens. While I don’t like it quite as much as the canon 1.4 it’s still does a great job, and if I owned a Nikon I probably would gone with this lens however I do not.

small and you can capture some great (amazing) pictures with this camera. I mean it is only like 2 inches long, and it’s really light so it’s perfect for your trip! This lens is really, really sharp. I’m not a professional or anything but I love it, and I’ve seen rave reviews about its sharpness elsewhere. So it’s not just my ignorance saying this lens is good. It’s lot of people.

The autofocus on the lens is pretty quick although I don’t find that I take a whole lot of action photos with it so it doesn’t have to be super fast but it does get the job done for sure. Although I found manual focus to a just a little bit hard I mean it doesn’t focus well. It’s just the ring is hard to really get right when you are turning it. But this lens is pretty cheap so I guess it was going to come with some of it’s flaws right?

This lens is mostly made of plastic and I don’t really like that but I like I said before this lens is not real expensive so I really could except to much more. It’s seems as if ...

• Nikon AF NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8D Lens Good
      it is pretty durable. But I wouldn’t go around dropping it or anything of that sort. That goes for all the glass that you own for your camera though. I mean if you break it, that’s waster money attempting to buy another one.

My suggestion is if you are on a budget then you can’t possible go wrong with this lens it’s really, really sharp and that’s a great thing especially if you like to print large copies of you photos. I mean you want them to look good in your house right. Who wouldn’t? Also this lens is so small

and compact that is it is very easy to travel with and you can basically have it with you at all times. In your car or in a desk somewhere, or like my friend always does in his bag because it doesn’t take much room up in it so there is no reason to remove it. I know he’s been able to catch some great pictures outside while just doing his normal every day thing. And If he hadn’t had this lens well he’d probably have a bunch of missed moments that he wouldn’t be able to share with all of his buddies.

KC Brick says :

re : Although I found manual focus to a just a little bit hard I mean it doesn’t focus well
Personally, the manual focus worked very well for me. It barely took any time to get used to and I was able to take almost professional photos once I figured it out.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 433103654871131/k2311a0331/3.31.09