Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Lens Great Lens!  » Cameras  »
  • With this lens when you have it set at 1.4 the picture just seems so amazing
  • My suggestion is that this lens is for anybody who loves to take pictures all the time weather it's for you or for family, and friends

• by David Boston

Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Lens this is a great lens and everything I’ve asked of this lens it has done a great job at which includes thing such as taking portraits etc. Is does a really great job of shooting pictures when it is dark outside and I can’t ask for too much more then that. But it’s also focuses really fast and that’s great! This is a great lens if you can’t afford an “L” series lens like most people including myself although they are great I have gotten to test a bunch of them out.

With this lens when you have it set at 1.4 the picture just seems so amazing. Almost as if it’s jumping from the photo right towards you

and man that is amazing. Because well I’m not the greatest photographer in the world and if I can get awesome pictures like this from this lens I can only imagine what others can do. The background stays very blurred and it’s focuses in on the object very well even when using auto-focus.

I have heard some people say that this lens isn’t always the most focused thing but honestly I’ve haven’t notice mainly since I’m an amateur so everything seem pretty sharp to me. But I’m assuming to an undertrained eye then some people might be able to tell but its good enough for me!

The short focal length is great for being able to use it inside the house. IN less if you ...

• huge is a mansion or something of that sort. Although with this lens you may have to get right up in people’s faces to get some good pictures and some people just don’t like that. I happen t be one f them yet I’m always in someone’s face trying t get the great picture (Sorry if I’ve done it to you!)

If you d like taking head shorts then something with a bit longer focal length may be the right thing for you because as I said before with the 50mm your going to be right in the persons face a lot of the time and that just isn’t a pleasant thing for most people. Also as long as you know how to work some camera

well there shouldn’t be much or any post processing for any f your photos. I honestly rarely have to do any post-processing work of any of my pictures and they still look fantastic.

My suggestion is that this lens is for anybody who loves to take pictures all the time weather it’s for you or for family, and friends. You really can’ go wrong either way. This lens takes great picture and in less you can afford a $1000 professional lens there really isn’t much better out on the market at this current time. At least that is my opinion on this lens. I would look for an 85mm, or 100mm to carry around for indoor shoots, and party shoots to help get all the pictures.

Jesmin freeborn says :

re : My suggestion is that this lens is for anybody who loves to take pictures all the time weather it’s for you or for family, and friends
    The picture that comes out when the lens is set to a 1.4 can be clear and precise, depending how far from he host of the picture you are. Details are brought out that are not normally noticed at first.

Jesmin freeborn says :

I Have purchased A cannon and I can vouch for the lense. It’s a great lense for people just starting or just to get great quality pictures with clear details.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 433103654861131/k2311a0331/3.31.09