Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Lens  » Cameras  »
  • Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Lens now I must say this lens was much heavier than I thought it was going to be when I picked it up for the first time
  • The background stays soft for the most part so the main object really seems to jump out of the photo and I think that is just downright awesome when it comes down to it
  • You can catch some great action moments using something like this at least I believe you can
  • Now I know I've raved about the pictures this lens has taken and just getting it isn't going to make your photos the most amazing thing in the world
  • It's a huge jump from that and you won't regret taking the plunge I know I didn't, I can never shoot with the kit lens again

• by David Boston

Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Lens now I must say this lens was much heavier than I thought it was going to be when I picked it up for the first time. Which I don’t mind at all because it feels very solid compared to the kit lens (that many people have) with their camera currently. The pictures that I’ve been able to take so far with this lens have been great. The background stays soft for the most part so the main object really seems to jump out of the photo and I think that is just downright awesome when it comes down to it.

This lens is great for low light areas like inside a house during a birthday party or something, or

inside during a small graduation. It doesn’t have an extremely long focal length so a large graduation might be a bit hard to get close enough to get a real good picture although that’s just kind of my guess. This lens also focuses quite quickly which is something that I would look for if you have lots of animals, and or kids who are always on the move. You can catch some great action moments using something like this at least I believe you can.

Headshots are also great for this lens and the focal length is just long enough so your nor right in there face the entire time because well that’s kind of intimidating to whomever is having there photo taken, At least ...

• for me it also was. I didn’t like having the lens right smack in front of me at all times during the photos.

This lens also isn’t that expensive and if you shop around it is very possible that you can find it for under $400. And that isn’t a whole lot when you are adding another part to your photographer collection and when you think about it and long as you don’t break them. These lenses can last for a very, very long time, and continue to aid you as you upgrade camera bodies.

Now I know I’ve raved about the pictures this lens has taken and just getting it isn’t going to make your photos the most amazing thing in the world. You still

have to know what you are doing with the camera otherwise the photos just aren’t going to turn out the way you want them to. So take your time study your camera and different things about photographer and keep shooting photos!

Mu suggestion is this lens is for anyone who like to shoot headshots or in low light a lot of the time. It does a great job for both without breaking the bank one lens. Many lens are much more expensive but you just can’t go wrong with this. Especially if this is your first lens other then 18-55mm kit lens. It’s a huge jump from that and you won’t regret taking the plunge I know I didn’t, I can never shoot with the kit lens again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 433103654801031/k2311a0331/3.31.09