Applebee’s Ankeny, Iowa
  • Ever since that experience, I've been afraid to order the chicken fried chicken
  • Last time I went, I ordered a cheeseburger, but I could definitely tell it was a frozen patty that they fried up
  • I'll admit I'm a little disappointed in Applebee's these days

• by thislimehasnojuice

Normally I can count on Applebees for acceptable quality food and acceptable quality service. When we’re starving and nothing else sounds good, Applebee’s is almost always our fall back restaurant.

We especially enjoy going there when they have their specials like two entrees and an appetizer for $20.

You really can’t beat

that anywhere else! My absolute favorite entree at Applebee’s is the chicken friend chicken.

It comes with mashed potatoes and steamed veggies.

Since we moved to Ankeny, we always go to the Ankeny Applebee’s.

I’m not sure who the management is at that location, but they’re always messing up our orders.

We ...

• got Carside-To-Go once and they gave me chicken friend steak instead of chicken fried chicken.

We didn’t realize this until we were already home.

How dissappointing.

I also ordered the chicken friend chicken once while I was there, and when I got to the middle of the piece of chicken, it was

still completely RAW! Ever since that experience, I’ve been afraid to order the chicken fried chicken! Last time I went, I ordered a cheeseburger, but I could definitely tell it was a frozen patty that they fried up.

It wasn’t fresh.

I’ll admit I’m a little disappointed in Applebee’s these days…at least the Ankeny location.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 73103654601031/k2311a0331/3.31.09