Victoria’s Secret Spring Look Makeup Collection
  • I've never been impressed with Victoria's Secret mascara, and this is no exception

• by TJ Lord

One price, endless possibilities. I could not resist this new collection from Victoria’s Secret cosmetics: there are just too many goodies inside!

The set includes all these treats: Lip Gloss in Blush; Eye Shadow Quad in Devoted, Primal, Rich and Champagne; Highlighter/Blush Duo in Fresh; High-definition Mascara in Blackest Black; and a cute makeup bag.

I adore the lip gloss, and wish

I could buy it separately. It’s super shiny and the color is perfect for spring: a fresh rosy pink. This gloss is incredible layered over a rosy lip color, or on its own for subtle shine.

The eyeshadows are fantastic. Devoted is a pale pink with just a hint of lilac. Primal is a deep, gorgeous violet purple. Rich is a ...

• very dark sable brown. Champagne is a shimmery peach. I got my best looks by coating my entire lid with Devoted, and highlighting the lid with Primal; or coating my entire lid with Champagne and brushing a small amount of Rich on my eyelid.

The highlighter/blush duo is perfect for my pale skin. It’s two delicate shades of pink, one with

a really pretty shimmer effect. I used the slightly dark pink on the apples of my cheeks, and then brushed the lighter shimmery color all over my face for a sparkly look.

My only complaint was the mascara. I’ve never been impressed with Victoria’s Secret mascara, and this is no exception: it was dry and didn’t deliver a really rich black shine as promised.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 313103654450631/k2311a0331/3.31.09