Magic Noire Perfume by Lancome  » Perfume  »
  • One of my favourite evening perfumes is Magic Noire by Lancome
  • When I pull of the top, I'm immediatly hit by a spicy, musky smell with a slight soapy undertone, which I don't like
  • I enjoy using Magic Noire a lot, but due to its 'heavy' fragrance, I find its not suitable for daytime use
  • I believe Lancome needs to add a little more floral scent to this perfume to separate it from its competition

• by Melissa Glenn
      One of my favourite evening perfumes is Magic Noire by Lancome. I have been using this perfume off and on for several years.

Magic Noire comes in a slim black plastic encased bottle, with a black and gold twist off lid.

This bottle fits neatly into a woman’s hand, and its slightly oval shape, means it fits neatly even into the smallest of handbags.

Very clever marketing on Lancomes part.

/> When I pull of the top, I’m immediatly hit by a spicy, musky smell with a slight soapy undertone, which I don’t like.

When I spray this perfume on my wrists, the soapy undertone evaporates almost immediatly, and the scent on my skin reminds me of a combination of jasmine, spice and lillies.

The exact chemical make up of this Magic Noire perfume is not listed on the bottle, and ...

• when I asked the sales girl at the Lancome counter, what type of oils were in it, she didn’t know! She agreed with my deduction of jasmine, spice and lillies and probably a little musk oil, which enables this perfume to be long lasting.

Honestly, just one little spray on each wrist, and it stays on me all night!

I enjoy using Magic Noire a lot, but due to its

‘heavy’ fragrance, I find its not suitable for daytime use.

Also, there is a a big similarity between Magic Noire and a perfume called Opium.

When I wear Magic Noire, people often ask me if I’m wearing a ‘type of opium’.

I believe Lancome needs to add a little more floral scent to this perfume to separate it from its competition.

Magic Noire is quite expensive at about $60CDN for a 30ml bottle, but its definatly worth it!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 56250665430430/k2311a0625/6.25.06