Satin Care shave gel  » Cosmetics  »
  • It was on a special at the store so I decided to try it
  • It's pretty amazing to me that a shave gel could make the razor perform so much better

• by Rainfire

The Satin Care shave gel by Gillette in Lavender Kiss is an especially lovely shave gel. It was on a special at the store so I decided to try it. (I am also especially fond of lavender.

) Normally gels are a bit dry for me and I only use them in the summer. It is spring in Nebraska, so the weather is between balmy and freezing.

This weather is pretty stressful on the skin, especially on the legs being shaved every day.

Despite this, the Satin Care shave gel is not drying at all for my skin in the chaotic condition it’s in.

I usually get nicked by my razor but when I started using the Satin Care shave gel I haven’t had one single nick or cut! The Satin Care shave gel makes my cheaper razors perform like they’re at least three or four dollars more expensive than they are. The razor glides over my skin, cutting the hair off and not my ...

• skin.

I get a nice, close shave without having to have purchased an expensive razor. Granted, the Satin Care shave gel is not the cheapest brand on the shelf, but it’s more than worth a bit extra to be able to save on the razors as much as I can.

Each can of gel is about four dollars and it lasts for at least two months. I have pretty coarse leg hair, so the razor’s life expectancy is less than a week

when used with equally cheap shave crème.

The Satin Care shave gel stretches that out to a full week with my current razor. It’s pretty amazing to me that a shave gel could make the razor perform so much better.

I suppose the big difference here is the emollients used. In the case of the Satin Care shave gel, it lists silk amino acids as its feature ingredient, being the reason why it lubricates the blade and skin so well for excellent results.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 313103654110531/k2311a0331/3.31.09