Spicy Chicken Sandwich from Wendy’s  » Food  »
  • I like spicy food on occasion but the rest of my family doesn't, so I hardly ever cook any spicy stuff at home
  • So eating the occasional sandwich at Wendy's is a good way for me to enjoy the spicy taste I love without forcing my family to eat stuff they don't like
  • I really appreciate this as I always eat my fries first as I don't like cold fries
  • I noticed that the piece of chicken was slightly larger than the bun and that it poked outward on several sides
  • All the ingredients blended very well together to make a very delicious lunch

• by Bookwyrm

I ate a spicy chicken sandwich at Wendy’s Old Fashioned Hamburger Restaurant today for lunch. This is my favorite sandwich at Wendy’s and I must admit I go there just to get one of these. I like spicy food on occasion but the rest of my family doesn’t, so I hardly ever cook any spicy stuff at home. So eating the occasional sandwich at Wendy’s is a good way for me to enjoy the spicy taste I love without forcing my family to eat stuff they don’t like.

The spicy chicken sandwich comes inside a foil wrapper that helps keep it warm while I eat my French fries. I really appreciate this

as I always eat my fries first as I don’t like cold fries. The wrapper is simple to open, too. The other fast food restaurants I have eaten at don’t use foil wrappers and their burgers cool off quickly. That’s not very healthy, you know, as bacteria could grow on cold food if its left out long enough. So the foil wrapper is a good thing.

The sandwich has a bun with little light-colored seeds on the top (unsure of the correct name for these), a piece of lettuce, a large slice of tomato, mayonnaise and the chicken breast piece. I noticed that the piece of chicken was slightly larger than ...

• the bun and that it poked outward on several sides. The outer layer of the chicken was crisp, a brownish-orange color (orange no doubt from the spices) and it had little black specks on it as well. The specks were some type of spice I believe.

When I bit into it, the sandwich tasted very good. The chicken was juicy and tender, the spices filled with hot flavor. The tomato was very fresh and it blended very well with the chicken. I really didn’t notice the lettuce all that much while I was eating it. The bun was a little bit dry, as when I was eating a portion of it

became glued to the roof of my mouth. This only happened once and a drink of Coke solved it quickly so it didn’t bother me too much. Still, I don’t ever recall this happening at other fast food places. All the ingredients blended very well together to make a very delicious lunch.

This sandwich is very spicy and it leaves a hot aftertaste in your mouth. After I finished eating and left the restaurant, I noticed a hot burning feeling in my mouth. The feeling didn’t last long and I just drank more of my soda. If you don’t like spicy food, then don’t try this sandwich because it is very spicy.

kelly says :

how much is a spicy chicken sandwich?

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 273103654060531/k2311a0331/3.31.09