Papermate 1.2 M Ballpoint Pen  » Other  »
0.5
  • Instead of going to another store to get the Write Bros that I love, I bought the 1.2 M ones
  • I thought since they were both Papermate that the style of the pen wouldn't matter
  • I think these are just bad pens, as they haven't been in my desk drawer all that long really
  • AVOID the 1.2 M pen with the clear barrel

• by Bookwyrm

Some time ago I had purchased a package of Papermate 1.2 M Ballpoint pens. These pens did not write very well at all. They would write a little and then stop in the middle of a word. I then would waste a lot of time trying to get the pen to write. I would try wetting the tip or scribbling in circles on a piece of scrap paper. After doing this for a while, the ink would start flowing again but then it would stop a minute later! It was very frustrating to say the least.

These pens have clear barrels and blue caps. Normally I buy the Papermate Write Bros pens

(entire pen is blue) but the store was sold out of those. Instead of going to another store to get the Write Bros that I love, I bought the 1.2 M ones. I thought since they were both Papermate that the style of the pen wouldn’t matter. Boy, was I wrong!

The entire package of the 1.2 pens was that way. I’m uncertain if it was just an old package that sat on the shelf a long time or what. I only know that these pens did not work very well at all. After struggling with them for some time, I finally gave up and mailed them off to Sanford. The back ...

• of the pen package said if the pens didn’t work right, that Sanford would replace them free of charge. I didn’t know if they would or not, but I took the chance that they might.

Time passed and one day I got a package from Sanford in the mail. They sent me replacement pens from their new batch of 1.2 M pens. They also included a nice letter thanking me for taking the time to mail me the bad pens and they would forward them to their inspection department. It sounds like they are going to examine them to see what went wrong so they can possibly fix future pens from drying

up.

I still have four of the pens they sent me sitting in my desk drawer. Out of those four, only one of them writes. The others can scratch holes in the paper but no ink flows out of them. I think these are just bad pens, as they haven’t been in my desk drawer all that long really. It’s great that Sanford sent me new pens, but these don’t seem to be any better than the previous ones.

I also have a package of eight Write Bros pens sitting in the same desk drawer and guess what? Every single one of them writes right away!

AVOID the 1.2 M pen with the clear barrel

quick note by anonymous :

i too bought 10 pk of pens, avoid buying them people they suck

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 123103654030531/k2311a0331/3.31.09