Mirado Black Warrior Cedar Pencils by Papermate  » Other  »
  • I like these pencils a lot as they write smoothly and dark
  • I bought them during the winter so I could write in my memo book while I was outside, as I discovered that ballpoint pens apparently don't work when it's below freezing
  • I used to take an art class years ago so I know a little bit about different types of pencils
  • That is very important to me, as I love recycling

• by Bookwyrm

I like these pencils a lot as they write smoothly and dark. I bought them during the winter so I could write in my memo book while I was outside, as I discovered that ballpoint pens apparently don’t work when it’s below freezing. Lately a lot of graffiti has sprung up in my city and I needed a reliable way to write down the location in my notebook so I could report it. I hate graffiti as it makes the city look bad. And if you don’t report it, it won’t get cleaned. Anyway, I discovered that pencils are best, as the lead doesn’t freeze. Using

a Mirado Black Warrior I was able to quickly jot down all the information on each location that was scribbled up.

I also appreciated that these pencils were a good value price wise. They came in a pack of seven pencils for about one dollar. As I don’t use pencils very often these should last a good long time. They have smooth round black barrels and they are easy to hold. I bought these at Walgreen’s but I’m sure they are sold at other stores, too. I picked these because of the dark leads they have. I hate pencils that write very lightly as it’s hard to ...

• read the writing then. When I write the information down I want to be certain it’s dark enough so I can read it later and these pencils do the job nicely. The pencil also fits easily into my purse.

The pencils are also very easy to sharpen with the tiny plastic pencil sharpener I have. I sharpened my pencil just the other day and the wood curled off easily to reveal a nice pointed tip.

The eraser on the tip works great, too.

These pencils would also be great for drawing and art, as they are 2 HB. I used to take an art class years ago so

I know a little bit about different types of pencils. Although I don’t really draw anymore, I know these would be great for anyone who loves sketching.

The packaging the pencils came is simple and is recyclable. That is very important to me, as I love recycling! My city has a recycling program for many years and every month I fill up my cart with items to be recycled. It’s better to reuse an item and make something new out of it than tossing it into a landfill.

These pencils are made in the USA so by buying them you are helping another American to keep their job.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 123103653980531/k2311a0331/3.31.09