EverPet Basics With Tuna Canned Cat Food  » Pets  »
0.5
  • I decided to try this cat food one day and so I bought a can
  • AVOID this stuff as cats won't touch it at all

• by Bookwyrm

I decided to try this cat food one day and so I bought a can. Truthfully, my cats wouldn’t even touch this stuff and I don’t blame them. And even a stray cat that lives in my yard turned her nose up at it, too. And if a stray won’t touch it, then it must be really bad.

When I first opened the can up I didn’t notice any smell at all. I actually had to put the open can right under

my nose before I smelled anything. It did have a faint scent, but I’m uncertain what it smelled like. It was NOT a fish smell though, that much I knew. Nor did it smell very meaty.

This stuff has the color and texture of graham crackers that have been crushed into a powder and mixed with water. It’s like a very soft paste. I had to use a fork to get it out of the can and then the stuff was ...

• sticking to the fork. Even after wiping the fork a few times on the can’s rim, a lot of it was still clinging, especially between the fork’s tines. Is this stuff even cooked? I’ve never seen a canned cat food that was so paste-like; most are thicker and more solid. Tuna is listed as the eighth ingredient. No wonder it doesn’t smell like fish! Other ingredients include corn, soybean meal, chicken, chicken by-products and beef by-products.

Cats go according to scent

and if the stuff doesn’t smell like meat or fish, they won’t eat it. This must be one of the worst cat foods out there. In fact, even the manufacturer didn’t put his name on the can! He must be really embarrassed of it. There’s only a distributor listed: Dolgencorp. The can claims it’s a product of the USA.

EverPet Basics With Tuna comes inside a 5.5 ounce steel can with a pop lid. AVOID this stuff as cats won’t touch it at all.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 293103653880531/k2311a0331/3.31.09