9Lives Corrugated Cardboard Scratcher  » Pets  »
  • During the winter I bought a corrugated cardboard scratcher made by 9Lives for my cats
  • I found it at one of my local stores and it was just $2, a very reasonable price
  • I like that this scratcher satisfies my cat's natural instinct to scratch while saving my furniture

• by Bookwyrm

During the winter I bought a corrugated cardboard scratcher made by 9Lives for my cats. My Maine Coon just loves this scratcher! Almost every evening I see him standing on it and scratching away like crazy. He is a large and strong cat, about twelve pounds of lean muscle, and this cardboard scratcher has held up well to his brisk activities. He has tunneled a bit into it in one area, but there’s still a lot of use to be had out of it.

Nor has the pieces of cardboard come loose from the frame in any way. It does make a bit of a mess, but the bits of cardboard are easy enough to clean up with a broom and dustpan. I admit when I first brought it home my cat was suspicious of it, as that is his way, but once it sat in the house for about a week he started using it by himself.

I found it at one of my local stores and it was just $2, a very reasonable price. Some places sell cardboard scratchers for $10 or $20, but why pay more than you have to? This one works well enough and my cat loves it. My other cat, however, prefers a vertical scratching surface so he totally ignores it. It helps if you know your cat’s scratching habits as each cat has his or her own preference.

A scratcher is a must have item for anyone who has a cat. I like that this scratcher ...

• 9Lives Corrugated Cardboard Scratcher
      satisfies my cat’s natural instinct to scratch while saving my furniture. Cats scratch to sharpen their claws and to pull the old worn out sheath off their claws. They do not scratch to be destructive or to ruin your furniture. It’s a little similar to a person trimming their fingernails and it keeps the cat healthy. Scratching is also good exercise. As my cat is older, I appreciate that this scratcher gives him a good workout each and every day.

It is about 19

inches long and 5 inches wide. The scratcher has a bright orange cardboard frame around it, with the 9Lives logo printed on the sides.

The only flaw with this cardboard scratcher was the free mini bag of catnip that was supposed to come with the scratcher was not catnip: it was bits of pointed woodchips! They looked like mini toothpicks. I’m uncertain how the mix-up occurred, but I threw the dangerous bits of wood out. The scratcher itself though is very sturdy and works great.

Star Frederick says :

re : I like that this scratcher satisfies my cat’s natural instinct to scratch while saving my furniture
Wow that is a very good price. I haven’t seen that brand of scratcher. I will keep my eyes open for it. I have 9 cats and they go through those scratchers pretty quickly.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 293103653870531/k2311a0331/3.31.09