Erykah Badu’s New Amerykah part 1: World war 4  » Music  »
  • I like the fact that she didn't go with the grain, but went against it
  • I think she's a talented and focused artist, but she's an artist (like me) and she has to follow her heart
  • I was so impressed by it that I told everyone, though I just KNEW some people wouldn't like it
  • Of course, all of these people enjoy the hit single Honey the best, including myself

• by Thierry Snipes

Erykah Badu’s “New Amerykah part 1: World war 4″ is a classic to me. I state this, because not a lot of people liked this album. With the release of her hit single “Honey” everyone thought the entire album would spawn similar sounding songs. They were wrong. I like the fact that she didn’t go with the grain, but went against it. I think she’s a

talented and focused artist, but she’s an artist (like me) and she has to follow her heart.

All of the songs on “New Amerykah part 1: World war 4″ flow from beginning to end. When I first bought it, I played it straight through, and usually I don’t do that. I was so impressed by it that I told everyone, though I just KNEW some people wouldn’t ...

• like it.

So far everyone I’ve had listen to it has said it’s a great album. Of course, all of these people enjoy the hit single “Honey” the best, including myself. I think she was trying to go for a global We Are the World Political album, and it turned out to be a classic! This proves that when artists follow their heart they produce the

things that made the greats famous: real music.

Erykah Badu has grown as a musician and her vocal ability was killer on this album. She hit notes that gave me goose bumps, and then she made my eyes swell up with tears on her last track, “Telephone” dedicated to the departed D. Jilla, an influential producer in hip-hop history. Of course I give this album a 10!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 143103653790531/k2311a0331/3.31.09