Benefit Smokin’ Eyes  » Cosmetics  »
  • I think it personifies old fashioned vintage Hollywood glam

• by TJ Lord

I am a huge fan of the classic smoky eye. I think it personifies old fashioned vintage Hollywood glam. So I’m always on the lookout for new products that claim to offer the “best” of the smoky eye. I was browsing Sephora when the Smokin’ Eyes from Benefit caught my eye

(no pun intended).

It was rather pricey; but I have been known to splurge on really fabulous cosmetics. This set is incredibly fabulous - a must have for diva girls! It includes three different eyeshadows which blend to create the perfect dark, mysterious eye; a gorgeous eye liner; and several tools to ...

• shape your brows. It even comes with instructions - it’s like Smoky Eyes for Dummies.

I love that it’s very small and compact; smoky eyes, while gorgeous and glamorous, require maintenance. Therefore, it’s important to have make up that will travel with you.

I will note that if you use as much eyeshadow

as the instructions direct, you may end up looking kind of like a raccoon. When I toned down the amount of eyeshadow a bit, I got a wonderful vintage looking smoky eye and very dramatic brows. This kit is pretty expensive, but the products have great staying power, which is important to me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 313103653780531/k2311a0331/3.31.09