Zentra Nightclub in Chicago
923 West Weed Street , Chicago IL 60622
  • Zentra Nightclub in Chicago is in the popular weed street district of nightclubs only it is very different from the rest and I love the atmosphere
  • I like that it is smaller and closed in because you always have a good view of what is going on at all times during the night
  • As far as the people, I think the club gets a wide variety of people in it, there is a huge influx of college students pretty much all the time though
  • I have noticed that this is probably the most diverse crowd as far as ethnicity goes that I have ever seen at a single club in Chicago
  • It definitely does not fit into the mod and chic mold that so many other clubs in Chicago are trying to achieve only to realize they look like everyone else

• by alpha2zulu

Zentra Nightclub in Chicago is in the popular weed street district of nightclubs only it is very different from the rest and I love the atmosphere. Zentra draws huge crowds because it is one of the last places in Chicago that is dedicated to playing house music on a dedicated floor and keeping it that way. I love that there are two floors though where there is a total lounge feel on one and a dance party feel on the other.

The lower floor of Zentra usually has a mix of latin music, hip hop, rap and top 40s going all the time. I like that it is smaller and closed in because you always have a good view of what is going on at all times during the night.

Never once have I felt that it got too full or busy in there even though the place was at or past capacity. Upstairs though it is a little different and if you do not get in early it is really hard to get past the entrance area where there will be some people dancing but kind of separate from the rest of the party.

Both of the bars upstairs and down are pretty fast and consistent with service and I have never had any complaints there, not even as far as the price of a drink. They also have random open bars and stuff so it is a good idea to find out before you go. The club does charge a cover fee on most nights but being on a ...

• list will help you get through the door faster and for less. I almost forgot the third very tiny bar tucked right off the entrance of the club and with an attached patio. In the summer the patio is great because the smokers can head out there instead of having to leave the club to smoke, but now that they are there no one else can really enjoy it.

As far as the people, I think the club gets a wide variety of people in it, there is a huge influx of college students pretty much all the time though. I have noticed that this is probably the most diverse crowd as far as ethnicity goes that I have ever seen at a single club in Chicago.

Overall, I think this is a really good club if you enjoy house music or just a different spot for the night. It definitely does not fit into the mod and chic mold that so many other clubs in Chicago are trying to achieve only to realize they look like everyone else. The whole hookah part of the club is pretty neat themselves and I have noticed that they do a good job of taking care of birthday parties and everyone else that has one when they are there. Don’t worry about spending too much or being cheated when you close your tab as I have always found my bill to be correct and nothing added onto the tab at the end of the night or when the bill shows up on my statement.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 593003653700831/k2311a0330/3.30.09