Enclave Nightclub in Chicago  » Entertainment  »
222 W Chicago Ave Chicago, IL 60654
  • Overall, I think this club has a lot going for it, but I feel as if they need to change a few things to make the place truly special
  • I like the overall size of the club and think that the many alcoves, sitting areas and bars keep you from feeling overwhelmed or lost in any way
  • There is always a place to escape to as well as get lost in the crowd, but if you want to get noticed it is a little harder because of the odd shape and the extremely small dance floor that you have to dance around in
  • Every once in a while you noticed the odd suburbanite or tourist and then there are a handful of college students but it definitely does not attract the tight lipped professional crowd out on Saturday nights
  • I don't think I have ever seen a bus stop close by either

• by alpha2zulu

Enclave Nightclub in Chicago has been around for so long, but something about it always looks different every time I go. I do like that it is in a very accessible place downtown and easy to get to. The club itself tries to cater and attract an upscale crowd and sometimes I feel as if they are trying too hard to do it, but it does work for the most part for them because they do get a lot of people in the door who are very interested in spending money. Overall, I think this club has a lot going for it, but I feel as if they need to change a few things to make the place truly special.

you from feeling overwhelmed or lost in any way. There is always a place to escape to as well as get lost in the crowd, but if you want to get noticed it is a little harder because of the odd shape and the extremely small dance floor that you have to dance around in. I have been in there on some very weird nights and I am not always sure what they are doing music wise because the DJ has gone from top hits to stuff that I haven’t hurt since the eighties.

The one thing that I don’t really like about the place is that I find all the staff pretty standoffish. You get this kind of staff every once in a while depending on where you go, but in this case every one is very ...

• much that way and they are not at all friendly, except maybe the bathroom attendant. I have never found there to be a time when there are drink specials either, and I like it when a place has them every once in a while even if I don’t get to use it because it shows that they are there for their patrons. In this case I get the feeling that they think if you are coming you are coming and they don’t have to do anything to try and get you in the door or too stay.

As far as the people that they get in Enclave, it really is a huge mix. They have this picture gallery of all the celebrities that have come through the door, but it is mostly a yuppie crowd from downtown

or near the River. Every once in a while you noticed the odd suburbanite or tourist and then there are a handful of college students but it definitely does not attract the tight lipped professional crowd out on Saturday nights.

Some advice for those that are driving and parking though, there are several parking spots in the area around here, but it is not the safest or most patrolled place so make sure there is nothing in your car of value. A lot of people get their cars stolen or broken into and plenty get robbed themselves. I would suggest valet or a cab as the el does not drop you off anywhere near here either and you are going to need to walk. I don’t think I have ever seen a bus stop close by either.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 593003653690831/k2311a0330/3.30.09