Republic Nightclub in Chicago
1520 N Fremont St Chicago, IL 60642
  • I like the bar for its ambience, but the crowd leaves plenty to be desired
  • I have had a couple good nights at Republic though and that is only because of the awesome bands that the staff has decided to bring in, something I think they need to do more often
  • I have found that the cover to get into Republic is always changing, but in general it is going to cost twenty dollars on whatever night you are going

• by alpha2zulu

Republic Nightclub in Chicago is relatively new and one of the newest bars in the Weed District. I like the bar for its ambience, but the crowd leaves plenty to be desired. I always feel as if I am back in a bad nightclub in Europe and everyone in the club came with it. I seriously think everyone her has something fake on them from the boobs to the hair to the tans, there is just way to much plastic walking around that it distracts you from appreciating anything else.

I have had a couple good nights at Republic though and that is only because of the awesome bands that the staff has decided to bring in, something I think they need to do more often. The spot if perfect for it and

even if you do not like the show or did not come for that you can still enjoy yourself in the other bar and dance floor that is separate from the whole show side. They always have a very wide variety of bands to choose from and there shows are at all different times of the week so you get a nice taste of the place.

Republic is kind of separated into two different places, when you first enter you are taken into a small bar immediately with lounge chairs available on the one side across from it. Just past the bar is a circular dance floor that is split off by a large pole and a dance cube that they sometimes have hired dancers come out and dance on. Otherwise there are ...

• plenty of drunk girls fighting to stay on the dance cube and get some attention.

At the back or front of the club you can use either hall to get to the other side where there is tons of open space that never quite fills up past the bars, the mini stage for bands that I mentioned and a very long bar against the one side of the wall. There are also two private seating areas that are kind of awkwardly placed. Immediately next to the DJ booth there is another very tiny bar that takes care of those patrons that are not happy to wait for the bar flooded by people who just want to drink and forget about dancing or the other people dancing.

I have found that the cover

to get into Republic is always changing, but in general it is going to cost twenty dollars on whatever night you are going. If you are attending with a party or on some sort of guest list you can usually get in for free if you are in the doors by a certain time. Some of the promoters also have wristband deals that you can purchase at the door for the bars, but I have always found that I do better just buying my drinks and then I do not feel like I need to have so many drinks by one in the morning to get my money’s worth.

Overall it is a great club if you are looking for a fun night guaranteed, just a little too much of the same for me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 593003653680831/k2311a0330/3.30.09