Buzz Nightclub in Chicago
2.0
308 W Erie St Chicago, IL 60654
  • I found that the bartender were probably the only good thing about Buzz because they are fast and funny, always willing to talk with you for a bit but not neglecting of patrons for a minute
  • I don't like it at all and I wish I never went the first or second time

• by alpha2zulu

Buzz Nightclub in Chicago is a fine place to go if you have absolutely nowhere else to go and do not care about where you are going or what you are going to see there. I am not sure what is going on with this place, but I always get the feeling that they opened before they were supposed to and just gave up trying. With a space and location like the one they have, Buzz can be so much better. It really does not have any character of its own to even make it endearing and that spot that you want to go to at the end of a night. Why anyone still goes here is a mystery to me.

After going the first time I wondered if I just did not give this

place enough of a chance so I tried it again. Wish I hadn’t though, because it totally sucks and needs to either sell out to someone that can turn it into a night club or just go away entirely. The club has no décor to speak of whatsoever and looks like they pulled out stuff to remodel and just never got to it. The few booths that have been left tucked in the corners are nasty and I would advise everyone against sitting in them for more than a second.

There are two bars in a room that can be sufficiently served by the one large one that takes up half of the club with its wrap around counters, but just across from it is another small bar that extends all ...

• the way to the hallway. I found that the bartender were probably the only good thing about Buzz because they are fast and funny, always willing to talk with you for a bit but not neglecting of patrons for a minute. I really like that from a bartender. The drink prices are reasonable especially when you compare them to other places nearby and the area this bar is in. I also like that there are several open bar nights and times through out the week so it gets you out and into a place and then you can move onto another spot that is way better.

I have never liked much of the clientele that fills the room, it always feels so meat markety when you go

in there and there is a definite gap in the female to male ration, only it isn’t like it is in other parts of Chicago. There are always a lot more men here then women and they don’t hit me as the good type. They are all just looking for a tumble and want to get in and out as quick and possible so if that is not your thing I do not suggest you go as men will keep suggesting that all night and you are going to get tired of saying no.

Overall I really just think this place needs to go. I don’t like it at all and I wish I never went the first or second time. I always hesitate calling places or people trashy, but both can be found here.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 593003653670831/k2311a0330/3.30.09