Visions Nightclub in Chicago
640 N Dearborn St Chicago, IL 60654
  • I have never paid more than ten dollars cover on any night, but I know some nights when it is later it can get to be as high as twenty dollars

• by alpha2zulu

I went to Visions Nightclub in Chicago because the place was advertised on the radio and the one time I have been to the sister club I did not have the chance to set foot in Visions for more than a minute or two. I liked what I saw the second time and every time after that because the club is more like the clubs of old mixed with new in that people actually dance and watch and can sit and chat, instead of a meat market with a bunch of guys rubbing against gyrating women and calling that dancing.

I was surprised to find that the nightclub is actually attached to and accessible from Excalibur, but everyone has to enter this place to get to either one. The club is an

entire club of its own though with three floors that you can dance on or sit and watch the dancing from above. I really like that it has a very definite Latin theme and that there are really great dancers that show up here. The club seems to be pleased by them and encourages them to come out as often as possible.

The main floor has the largest dance floor and this is really a great show piece because most of the really good dancers like to get up here and show off. There are several other small dance floors throughout the club though so no one should ever feel too intimidated to dance with their partner no matter their skill level.

As for the staff and service in this club ...

• I always do more dancing than I do drinking, so I cannot vouch entirely on them, but when I have used them I have been pleased. I was there once for a birthday party and we were entirely taken care of, no one had to ask twice for anything which is always nice when you are going out and don’t want to have to worry about the service and who you are going to have to chase down at the end of the night.

The drinks that I have had mixed from the bar are always done very well and I never have had to go back and ask for anything to be changed. I watched the bartenders pour a couple times and they are always spot on so you know that

they know what they are doing. If you are thinking of having a party here this is a very nice club to enjoy yourself for the night. The good thing about it is that admission will also get you into the neighboring club, Excalibur if that is more your thing. On the other side of the wall they play a little more hip hop and top 40’s but it works well. That club also has a very large spot and several separate rooms to visit.

I have never paid more than ten dollars cover on any night, but I know some nights when it is later it can get to be as high as twenty dollars. There is always a long line as well so leave enough time for that and parking.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 593003653660831/k2311a0330/3.30.09