American Airlines  » Airlines  »
  • About those baggage fees, I know that not every airline charges them, so I think if you are one of the airlines that does you should let customers know that before they book their ticket
  • It is not a huge amount but if you are traveling as a family it can definitely add up and needs to be considered if you have a travel budget
  • I was very impressed with how professional all the flight attendants were, but I do think that they were being a little serious and need to lighten up more - I have the feeling it is against company policy though
  • Overall I had a good flight experience but compared to other airlines I have flown with I felt like I was standing in line forever

• by alpha2zulu

I have read and heard about most of the airlines adding fees to their service, but I have not had the chance to fly since then. Just recently I needed to purchase a flight at the last minute and American Airlines had the most affordable flight available out of all the airlines that I checked so I booked a flight with them. After going through their whole ticket process and actually purchasing my ticket I was prompted to check out the baggage fees so that I would be prepared for them.

About those baggage fees, I know that not every airline charges them, so I

think if you are one of the airlines that does you should let customers know that before they book their ticket. Even if you do not add that price upfront to their ticket at least let them see that fee as something to be charged at the counter because I hate finding out about things after the fact.

That said, I had to pay a $15 fee for the bag that needed to be checked once I got to the airport using a credit card at the counter. It is not a huge amount but if you are traveling as a family it can definitely add up and needs to be considered if you have a travel budget. Currently I am shopping around for flights that my family is taking for our summer vacation. American Airlines does have direct flights to this spot where other airlines do not, the baggage fees could add up to well over the price of an additional ticket though.

Moving on from the whole baggage thing though, American Airlines is very professional and a clean airline to travel with. I was a little upset that my ticket said lunch, but nothing, and I mean nothing was served, for a four hour flight through the lunch ...

• American Airlines
      hour. Had I known there was going to be nothing at all I would’ve grabbed more than what I did so I could have least made a meal out of it.

I was very impressed with how professional all the flight attendants were, but I do think that they were being a little serious and need to lighten up more - I have the feeling it is against company policy though.

Overall I had a good flight experience but compared to other airlines I have flown with I felt like I was standing in line forever. There was a long line to check

in my bag, a line to get my seat placement once I got to the counter and then a long very crazy line to get on the place. Not at all like some of them can be and they go much smoother than this one. I did feel as if I was ignored on the flight itself as I never even had the chance to speak with an attendant. There was one guy who hit the stewardess button above heads because he needed help with something and instead one of the flight attendants grabbed the mic and made an announcement to please not use the button.

American Airlines

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 403003653650831/k2311a0330/3.30.09