Crobar Nightclub in Chicago  » Entertainment  »
1512 N Fremont St # 103 Chicago, IL 60642
  • As for the club itself, I have never had an awesome experience, and only once did I dance enough to make the night semi enjoyable
  • I am not sure why Crobar has this problem as other places I have been in Chicago never have this one type problem as much as Crobar does
  • Overall, Crobar is a relatively nice club, I think it outdoes itself in showiness though

• by alpha2zulu

Crobar Nightclub in Chicago is one of many similar nightclubs around the country and it is one of the most respected in Chicago. In the few times I have been there though, I have not seen or experienced anything to make me think that the club is worth my time or money any more than other places in the city. I usually feel a whole lot less comfortable here than anywhere else and feel that the club has really pigeon holed itself when it comes to the crowd it tries to attract and entertains.

Every time I have been to Crobar I never feel like the staff even cares that anyone is there and they certainly do not show it when it comes to taking care of the people that

are there, which are the reason they have a job in the first place. When I have gotten a table and pay their huge bottle service fees I always have to go to the bar to get something because the servers never come back and when they do they come back empty handed and then try to laugh it off. It is not funny though, especially when they want a tip at the end of the night and you tip them according to their service only to find out that they added to their tip on your credit card bill.

As for the club itself, I have never had an awesome experience, and only once did I dance enough to make the night semi enjoyable. I don’t understand why my friends ...

• continue to book their parties there though because we always end up leaving early to find somewhere else that is more fun. The crowd is not that varied either and every time I go the place is flooded with a single type. I am not sure why Crobar has this problem as other places I have been in Chicago never have this one type problem as much as Crobar does.

The club itself is very large and has plenty of room for the crowd that does show up every night. I have never been when it was packed though so it makes me wonder if the place is not too big for the type of crowd that it does try to get in there. I would rather like to

see the club fill up one spot before it opens the rest of the club up to its patrons to mill around in and lounge making the big areas feel empty. They do have plenty of seating area, but most of that is only if you are getting bottle service so you have to pay to sit. I do not like this part of it because everyone has to need to sit and rest for a minute or to chat up friends, but you’ll have to do that standing.

Overall, Crobar is a relatively nice club, I think it outdoes itself in showiness though. If they were to concentrate a little more on their service I think they could keep a lot of the repeat business that they are always losing.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 593003653620831/k2311a0330/3.30.09