Fort Worth Botanic Gardens  » Travel  »
3220 Botanic Garden Blvd Fort Worth, TX 76107
  • Outside of the Japanese garden I also enjoyed the rose garden which is done in such a wonderful display that you cannot help but marvel at all the architecture and the water fountains that are involved in the whole thing

• by alpha2zulu

I had the opportunity to visit the Fort Worth Botanic Gardens this past week and was absolutely thrilled with the trip and the beautiful gardens that I saw. The gardens are very near everything else in Fort Worth so the location is perfect if you do not have a lot of time to get around to very many places. Even though it is just spring, there was plenty in full bloom or just popping up so I got to see flowers in varied stages of growth, but I can only imagine how beautiful it is in summer when everything is in full bloom and very lush.

The favorite part of my trip was a walk through the Japanese Gardens which was the only part of the trip that I had to pay for, costing me three dollars– not bad for

an afternoon worth of entertainment. There is a very large landscaped pond that if filled with koi that you can feed when you buy the fish food for a quarter out of the small stand. Once you see the koi you will see how well they are fed though and at every point where the path meets the water there is someone feeding them that the fish literally come up out of the water to get their food. I’ve never seen more respondful fish than these because usually they are that way with one feeder and not so trusting of so many people, but these fish seemed to love it.

Outside of the Japanese garden I also enjoyed the rose garden which is done in such a wonderful display that you cannot help but marvel at all the ...

• architecture and the water fountains that are involved in the whole thing. On this particular day the two fountains were on and running in their pools, but the cascading fountain was off for some reason. It was still a neat thing to photograph and be able to check out, but I would have liked to see the whole thing in action.

Next to the rose garden is the perennial garden which I really liked because I have a lot of perennials growing in my own garden at home and this is something that I can easily relicate or take ideas from. I was intrigued with the knot garden which I have never seen before and I am eager to get one of my own started. Finally, I had the chance to see the fragrant garden which was

filled with bright flowers mixed in with flowers that had very strong fragrances of their own. Most of these flowers were just beginning to bloom, but you could still smell them in the air so it made for a very pleasant place to stop and visit. Plus I really liked that this garden was kind of walled in with a little fountain of its own so it looked like a secret garden that I have always dreamed of having for myself.

Overall, this is a very great place to visit if you ares topping in Fort Worth or if you live there and have some free time. There is no fee to enter so it is very budget friendly, the only thing they charge for is the Japanese Garden if you decide to enter and visit in there.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 383003653580831/k2311a0330/3.30.09