Hilton (Downtown Atlanta)  » Hotels  »
Atlanta, Georgia
  • My husband took me to the Hilton in downtown Atlanta for my 40th birthday and it was one of the best experiences I have ever had

• by writergal
      The Hilton in downtown Atlanta is an awesome place to stay if you plan on making a visit to this spectacular city. The Hilton is very plush, elegant and impressive. From the moment my husband and I walked into the lobby, we got the full Southern hospitality-type treatment. The people who worked there were very cordial and efficient and anxious to see that our needs were met.

We had a king size standard room that was a pretty good size with nice decor. The bathroom was especially large and comfortable. I always like a lot of counter space when we travel, and the bathroom had lots of room for my toiletries.

There was a desk and office chair in the room so that I could write postcards, etc. The view of the city from our room at night was so gorgeous!

They have five onsite restaurants- Nikolai’s Roof, Le Cafe, Cafe Express, Garden Terrace and Trader Vics. We generally like buffets, and the Garden Terrace has an excellent buffet for breakfast and lunch.

Be sure you get in most of their restaurants before 10:30 p. m, however, because everything is closed by 11:00 or 11:45 p. m.

We ordered room service for one meal and it was quickly delivered. The food, by the way, was exceptional. They have a florist, drug store, convenience store, news ...

• stand and gift shop in the hotel.

While it’s great to have these right there at the Hilton, you might want to try buying the items you need at outside stores in the nearby area, if you want to save money. The Hilton is centrally located and is not far from Interstate 75 and Interstate 85, so you can easily find a lot of places to get the feel of the city and do a lot of shopping. The Hilton is not that far from many famous city attractions like the Underground, Civic Center, CNN, Turner Field, the Georgia Dome, the Georgia Aquarium and, if you are bringing your kids with you,

they will love the fact that Six Flags Over Georgia is nearby, too.

Expect a lot of traffic, though, because this is a busy, busy city. There are just so many places to go in Atlanta and knowing that your hotel is not too far away means you can get in some good sights without having to travel all that far from where you are staying. Coming back at the end of a long sightseeing day to a luxurious room is the icing on the cake.

My husband took me to the Hilton in downtown Atlanta for my 40th birthday and it was one of the best experiences I have ever had. It is everything you would expect in a Hilton hotel.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2220665210130/k2311a0622/6.22.06