Enzyme facial peel by Life Dermavive  » Health  »
  • I have problem skin, and often get 'whiteheads' or small white cysts on my face
  • Then I found a great alternative at Shoppers Drug Mart
  • After rubbing it in to my face and neck being careful to avoid the eye area, I did start to get a tingling sensation
  • What's interesting about this Renew Enzyme facial peel, is that there is actually no peeling involved
  • If you have problem skin, buy this you will never regret it

• by Melissa Glenn
      I have had glycolic acid peels done in the past by Esthetician. I have problem skin, and often get ‘whiteheads’ or small white cysts on my face. A professional peel always corrected this but was terribly expensive. Then I found a great alternative at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Renew enzyme facial peel is a do-it-yourself glycolic peel available exclusively at Shopper Drug Mart in Canada. I purchased this peel on the advice of the Cosmetician and boy am I grateful!

To begin with this peel was only $15CDN with tax, and you get about 10 uses from the 50ml jar. I couldn’t wait to get home and give myself a professional looking facial peel

/> To use this peel in a jar, I first had to remove all my make up and cleanse my skin, then pin my hair back from my face.

Opening the jar I could smell chamomile but it did not overide the scent of the glycol. This peel stuff had the consistency of skin lotion with a facial scrub encased in it. It was cold going on my damp face and neck, but it was not uncomfortable.

After rubbing it in to my face and neck being careful to avoid the eye area, I did start to get a tingling sensation. The directions said to leave it on for 7-10minutes and as I have ...

• sensitive skin I washed it off after 7 minutes. During the 7 minutes of waiting this Enzyme facial peel remained wet on my skin, but the tingling sensation did stop after the first 2 minutes.

After removing this product, my facial skin was pinker, glowing, and the white cysts were totally removed. My neck had a less ‘pebbly’ effect which I tend to get after too much time in the sun. Also, my skin felt soft and not dry at all and smoother.

What’s interesting about this Renew Enzyme facial peel, is that there is actually no peeling involved. Rubbing this product into your facial skin causes it to break up dead skin

cells and cysts, while the controlled glycolic acid component literally melts dead skin off during the waiting time. This peel gave me professional salon quality results for a lot less money.

One peel at a salon can go for $40-$100CDN depending on where you go. For $15CDN I get 10 uses, and now use this product once a month, although the directions say you can use it 1-2times a week. I got no side effects from this product, but do wish they would remove the added fragrance.

It doesn’t and won’t mask the medicinal smell at all. Renew enzyme facial peel is a Life Dermavive product exclusive to Shoppers Drug Mart. If you have problem skin, buy this you will never regret it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 34210665181230/k2311a0621/6.21.06