Star Trek: Generations Soundtrack
  • Out of all the Star Trek movie soundtracks, I consider this to be my favorite one with perhaps the only exception being Star Trek IV
  • The reason I enjoy this soundtrack so very much is because much of the music is incredibly rich and well crafted
  • Overall, in many ways, the soundtrack is better than the movie and I love listening to it because of its uniqueness and good variety of epic, ominous, soothing, optimistic and hopeful tracks that provide me with something to think about and connect with my emotions
  • Even if you did not like the movie, this soundtrack is worth owning in my opinion

• by NextGenFan

Out of all the Star Trek movie soundtracks, I consider this to be my favorite one with perhaps the only exception being Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home. The reason I enjoy this soundtrack so very much is because much of the music is incredibly rich and well crafted.

One of my favorite tracks, the one used when the Enterprise-D saucer is falling from orbit and is preparing for an emergency landing is very intense and really

fast-paced and whenever I listen to that track, I can easily visualize the Enterprise saucer losing more and more altitude before finally crashing into the ground.

Another track that I enjoy is a softer and more wondrous track that seems almost fantasy like with the ability to soothe fears and sweep one away to a place of happiness and contentment.

This piece was used when Captain Picard entered the Nexus and found himself with a family around ...

• Christmas time - a desire of his that he always had.

Then there is the closing credits soundtrack that is really adventurous and epic in its portrayal of all horizons, both human and nature, truly being limitless.

The music makes me feel optimistic and confident, and works well with the movie’s theme that time is not at all like a predator, but more like a companions that accompanies us on our journey and it provides us with

an ability to celebrate and keep with us every minute, because that minute will never come again.

Overall, in many ways, the soundtrack is better than the movie and I love listening to it because of its uniqueness and good variety of epic, ominous, soothing, optimistic and hopeful tracks that provide me with something to think about and connect with my emotions.

Even if you did not like the movie, this soundtrack is worth owning in my opinion!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 143003650830131/k2311a0330/3.30.09