The Historic Menger
1.0
204 Alamo Plz San Antonio, TX, 78205
  • This hotel did not provide me with the kind of experience that I would consider memorable in a good way
  • For the price that I paid for my room, I was greatly disappointed in its condition
  • Another problem I had with my room was the lack of Internet service
  • All I know is that my stay was not at all pleasant or comfortable, so I will not be returning to this hotel again

• by NextGenFan

This hotel did not provide me with the kind of experience that I would consider memorable in a good way. For the price that I paid for my room, I was greatly disappointed in its condition. For one thing, my bed was uncomfortable because of it sort of slumped down in the middle and thus did not provide me with a flat surface to lay across.

I had a difficult time falling asleep and staying asleep and in the morning, I naturally woke up with a aching back. This was

about the most uncomfortable bed that I have ever come across in a hotel, and had I planned to stay another night, I most certainly would have asked for another room.

Another thing that I did not like about my room was the walls. They must have really been thin or something because I could hear things like snoring and toilet flushing! That was real pleasant, as you can probably imagine! I wonder if the the people in the room next to mine could hear me tossing and turning repeatedly

and offering a few descriptive words about the bed that I was trying to sleep in? Another problem I had with my room was the lack of Internet service.

I was told that my room would have wireless Internet access before I arrived and after I arrived it turns out that the guy I had talked to over the phone did not know what the heck he was talking about. Luckily, I did not absolutely need Internet access that day, but it felt odd not being able to check my ...

• The Historic Menger
      e-mail as well as a few other things that I normally keep up with on a daily basis.

The water in the show fluctuated in temperature at random times, so some times it would run cold or cool while other times it would run hot or warm. That made for a very unpleasant shower.

What I did like about the hotel was its location. Nearby is the Alamo, the Riverwalk as well as the Children’s Museum and a very impressive museum.

The area surrounding the hotel seemed to be very

well kept up and an overall safe area. There were a good number of stores around to purchase everyday items as well as mementos and there was plenty of restaurants.

Overall, despite the hotel’s excellent location, I will not take the chance and spend more money on another stay here. I may have just received a bad room and the others might be quite nice and comfortable, but who knows? All I know is that my stay was not at all pleasant or comfortable, so I will not be returning to this hotel again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 23003650820131/k2311a0330/3.30.09