Kroger Bakery - Cinnamon Coffee Cake  » Food  »
1.5
  • Upon trying it, I found the coffee cake to be on the dry side and the cinnamon flavor to be acceptable although definitely not incredible
  • Still, I was disappointed in the flavor and the cake itself
  • If you are at Kroger and come across this coffee cake, I do not recommend that you purchase it regardless of the price

• by NextGenFan

I was at Kroger grocery store a couple of days ago and came across a manager’s special deal rack. On it, was this huge pie-shaped cinnamon coffee cake for just $1.

99.

I had seen these before from the Kroger bakery and they normally run for $4.

I had always been tempted to purchase one because the cinnamon coffee cake with

icing on top sure looked tasty, but the $4 price tag scared me off because I did not want to spend money on something unless I really, really wanted it.

At just $1.

99 though, I could not pass it up.

Upon trying it, I found the coffee cake to be on the dry side and the cinnamon flavor to be ...

• acceptable although definitely not incredible.

The majority of the cinnamon flavor seemed to be focused around the outer edges while near the middle was just plain coffee cake with trace amounts of cinnamon.

The icing was sweet, as expected.

I found the coffee cake to be better upon heating up a piece in the microwave for a short while.

Still,

I was disappointed in the flavor and the cake itself.

I am very glad though that I did not spend $4 on this cake as I would have really been disappointed! If you are at Kroger and come across this coffee cake, I do not recommend that you purchase it regardless of the price.

Cinnamon lovers will be disappointed as will coffee cake lovers.

Wendy says :

Usually your cinnamon crumb cake is delicious but the last one we bought it tasted not fully cooked. Not happy with this one. Was doughy and flat. What happened? The sell buy date is 11/04/2015.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 273003650611231/k2311a0330/3.30.09