Klondike Caramel Pretzel Bars  » Food  »
2.0
  • I don't know if that's true or not, but based on the taste they might as well drop it from the line

• by Julianne Jones

Klondike bars have a special place in my heart because of my grandmother. It didn’t matter when we went to her house, she always had a pile of them in the freezer and she was always quick to sneak us one before our parents could say anything.

Since I was a kid

though, the company has released a lot of different varieties, some better than others.

The Caramel Pretzel version of their classic ice cream bar is one of the newer varieties and it’s still pretty hard to find, though some claim that’s because the company is already planning to discontinue it.

I don’t ...

• know if that’s true or not, but based on the taste they might as well drop it from the line.

The outside of the bar is a layer of chocolate that completely covers the ice cream, with small pieces of pretzel imbedded in the chocolate.

Underneath that is a thin layer of

caramel, plus the ice cream itself.

The ice cream was light brown, so I figured it was chocolate, but apparently it’s chocolate malt flavored.

The ice cream tasted a little dull, the caramel hurt my teeth because it was frozen and the pretzel pieces added nothing to the flavor.

I’ll stick to the original version.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272903650360831/k2311a0329/3.29.09