Kitchen Aid Bar Blender  » Housewares  »
  • It cost a little over $100 and is much heavier weight that a regular kitchen blender
  • I like to make smoothies with ice, milk and fruit, and I don't want the drink to have chunks of ice in it

• by MaggieC

My mom bought us a Kitchen Aid Bar Blender, not the professional type, but the home bar blender. It cost a little over $100 and is much heavier weight that a regular kitchen blender.

I will have to admit it does a pretty good job at crushing and blending the ice.

I like to make smoothies with ice,

milk and fruit, and I don’t want the drink to have chunks of ice in it.

This blender works pretty well for that, but it does sometimes stick, where it jams up and the motor runs, yet the blade seems to be frozen or jammed.

The way I get around this is to physically lift ...

• the blender and turn it from side to side.

This seems to move the mixture inside the blender and unjam it.

It would be nice to have a bar blender that would do the trick without having to tip it.

It cleans fairly easily.

The blades unscrew from the bottom of the glass blender container.

I use it just to make smoothies, because it it rather heavy to use for other kitchen tasks, such as for mixing eggs.

I have another blender in my kitchen, and it is light weight.

The Kitchen Aid also does a good job at making frozen Margaritas, yet I do have to tip the blender from time to time.

sonya says :

I`m interested in a blender that will liquify whole, unchopped vegetables and fruit. Does this blender have that capability? Will it blend and smooth nuts to make nut butters and or flours almonds ?

Galega says :

You need to get a nut blender for this purpose. This blender is intended to be used for kitchen - for vegetables, fruits and other smooth stuffs. It may not be possible for it to make nut butters. I would suggest you to not even try as that may create unnecessary pressure on the motor.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 532903650300731/k2311a0329/3.29.09