New York Cafe Coffee Jelly  » Restaurants  »
1.5
TEC, Makati Philippines
  • Wish granted to save a few bucks for me, but in my drive to do so, I ended up disappointed by buying a cheaper coffee drink similar to that of Starbucks
  • I bought a Coffee Jelly at New York Cafe in the enterprise building foodpark

• by jaqui

Wish granted to save a few bucks for me, but in my drive to do so, I ended up disappointed by buying a cheaper coffee drink similar to that of Starbucks. I remember having reviewed about the Coffee Jelly of Starbucks and it was really a fabulous treat. What I got today was about 50% cheaper from Starbucks but it was not as good as I

have expected it to be.

I bought a Coffee Jelly at New York Cafe in the enterprise building “foodpark”. It looked good, though the cream seems to be rougher than that of the Starbucks.

It has a caramel on top of the cream. Presentation wise, it is okay.

The coffee cup is alright as well. But the straw was rather too small for my coffee container.

...

• I practically have to remove the lid so I can get the straw to the bottom of the glass. Moving on to discussing the coffee jelly drink itself, well the cream was too sweet, the caramel was not tasty enough, and the coffee was too thick.

To add to this, the coffee jelly tastes like a regular or a local version of the jelly called “gulaman”.

I paid for 100php for this?! It was not worth it.

The jelly was too soft; I can’t chew it, and can even just swallow them as they are. For those who are working in The Enterprise Tower here in Makati Philippines, I would say not to even dare try this drink.

Just go pay for a Starbucks drink and enjoy it than be disappointed as me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 72903649850731/k2311a0329/3.29.09