Oscar Meyer All Beef Hotdogs  » Food  »
2.0
  • They were definitely impressive to look at but I'm not sure I'm a big fan of them taste wise
  • While I'll admit the hotdogs were very filling and there are enough to last us a while, I also wasn't overly impressed with the flavor
  • I'm not sure why that is, I've had other hotdog brands and didn't have that problem
  • I expected more from Oscar Meyer and find myself being very disappointed in them

• by Steve

We picked up our food from SHARE on Saturday and one of the items we bought was a 10-pound box of Oscar Meyer all-beef hotdogs. When I picked them up, I expected them to be a box of the hotdogs you are used to buying in the store in packs of 5 or 10.

As it turns out, they were

actually foot-long hotdogs.

They were definitely impressive to look at but I’m not sure I’m a big fan of them taste wise.

There were a total of 50 in the box and I ended up making 8; enough for the amount of buns in the pack I picked up earlier that day.

We used them for chili dogs though I ...

• did cut one up for our daughter too.

While I’ll admit the hotdogs were very filling and there are enough to last us a while, I also wasn’t overly impressed with the flavor.

My biggest complaint, which my wife ended up echoing a short while later is they were overly salty.

I’m not sure why that is, I’ve had other

hotdog brands and didn’t have that problem.

I’m not sure if it was the all-beef part or not.

As it stands, if I would have had to pay full price for this particular brand, i probably wouldn’t have bought them.

They are OK, but they don’t live up to other brands either.

I expected more from Oscar Meyer and find myself being very disappointed in them.

Terri says :

My question is Why was the beef hot dogs recipe changed? It was fine the way it was in its original form. My family and I are not pork eaters and also the Oscasr Meyer hot dog was our favorite hot dog of all the brands out there. Also if there were going to be change, why was the choice taken away between the two beef hot dogs? I`m not saying that for the people who may enjoy the new taste as an alternative to the original, but I prefered the old or original taste. Now this limits my familys choice in the hot dog world. Pleas if at all possible can the original be marketed for those of us that prefer what we felt was the BEST hot dogs maybe in the world. Please give this considseration thank you 4 your possible consideration,

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272903649330631/k2311a0329/3.29.09