Million Dollar Baby
2.5
  • And, I'm not sure why exactly Eastwood's character keeps wanting to train her considering I doubt she would get very far in real life

• by Steve

I watched the movie Million Dollar Baby for the second time last night and, even though the movie supposedly got a lot of good reviews, I really just can’t see what people see in it. Hillary Swank plays a female boxer who is trained by Clint Eastwood.

And, while the movie does give you some insight

into the world of professional boxing, especially that of women’s professional boxing, it really isn’t the most exciting movie either.

In other words, this film is closer to Ali than it is to Rocky.

You have some OK fight sequences but the training scenes and the other filler you have to sit through tends to get ...

• very dull after a while.

And, I’m not sure why exactly Eastwood’s character keeps wanting to train her considering I doubt she would get very far in real life.

The ending of the movie is the worst; when she gets in an accident in the ring and ends up paralyzed.

Watching Eastwood having to decide whether

to illegally pull the plug on her at her request rather than letting her live is one that might take the movie a bit too far.

It’s OK.

It’s not great and I’m not sure if it would even get my consideration if there was something better to watch on TV.

Some people might like it.

I certainly didn’t.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112903648850531/k2311a0329/3.29.09