Great Eastern Hotel Quezon City  » Hotels  »
Quezon Avenue, Quezon City, Philippines
  • It was quite a convenient location in going about the city because taxis, jeepneys and buses ply that road
  • When I first checked in the hotel for the first time, I was quite impressed with the ramped circular driveway
  • All in all, despite some of my complaints, I had a pleasant experience in this hotel
  • I recommend this hotel to anyone looking for an affordable hotel in Metro Manila

• by sikat

I stayed in this hotel on four different occasions. I was on official travel by the company I used to work for. It is an ideal location because it is along Quezon Avenue which is a major thoroughfare. It was quite a convenient location in going about the city because taxis, jeepneys and buses ply that road. It is also one jeepney ride away from the metro rail transit (MRT) that can transport you to different parts of Metro Manila.

When I first checked in the hotel for the first time, I was quite impressed with the ramped circular driveway. I felt grand and special. A hotel attendant greeted me as I entered. The staff was nice and courteous. I was ushered to my room.

The decor was elegant. There is full mirror, a vanity, side tables and reading lights. I was in a superior room which is quite affordable. With such affordable rate, the room had air conditioning, hot and cold shower with bathtub stocked fridge, cable television and telephone. My only concern was that I was in room with no window. I quickly surveyed the exit points, a map of which is posted in the door.

I stayed for two months the second time I checked into this hotel. We had a project in our head office thus I was again billeted there. I was still unlucky to be assigned to a windowless room. I just overlooked that detail and continued to stay in the room. The room ...

• was more spacious than the previous one I stayed in. However, I had the room with two single beds that is fused together to look like a large bed. When one stays in the hotel for a long, one gets to notice the small details unnoticed in the previous stay. The cleaning staff sometimes forgets to replace the towels. One of the reading lights bear the bed was busted and it took them several days to replace it after I reported it.

I took a break from the project so I checked out of the hotel and this time I asked for reservations to a room with a window. When I got back, I finally got a room with a window. I liked that it

overlooked the swimming pool area and I saw that there was a gym area, too. My only complaint during the stay was that the shower curtain had rips on different areas and they fixed it by using scotch tape.

The fourth time that I went there was quite a surprise. There was a new building annexed to the hotel. They made renovations! The sad thing is that my room assignment was still in the old building. It had amenities as before except for the bathtub.

All in all, despite some of my complaints, I had a pleasant experience in this hotel. I recommend this hotel to anyone looking for an affordable hotel in Metro Manila. They have another hotel in Makati which is in the central business district.

Jonathan M. Chavez says :

Do you have immortality pay?

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 22903648460431/k2311a0329/3.29.09