Household Water Filter OMNIFILTER  » Housewares  »
  • I would recommend a professional such as a plumber if you are not comfortable with this type of installation but you want a whole house water filter
  • Make sure you consider the operating specifications before you purchase the OMNIFILTER
  • The only problem I have with the OMNIFILTER is that the filter cartridge becomes full very quickly
  • I think the filter cartridges are supposed to last three months, but mine last less than one month

• by ruth0046

I installed the complete household water filter called OMNIFILTER Model U25, Series B. I have well water and I was getting tired of getting so much rust and calcium coming through my faucets. My toilet kept turning orange from the well water mineral deposits after just a week so I figured it was time to start shopping around. I took a look at the OMNIFILTER complete household water filter and gave it a try.

The first thing I had to figure out was how big I needed the filter to be. I have a lot of company over but a normal day I only have two people in my house. I choose

a mid range size filter to install. All of the installation instructions come with the OMNIFILTER along with the tank O-Ring, cartridge tank, filter cartridge, head assembly, multipurpose wrench, compression fittings, compression nuts, and compression sleeves. So basically, everything I needed was included except for the extra copper tubing to hook it up to my water system and a way to mount it on the wall.

The install took about a half a day. I would say this went smoothly considering it is a whole house filter and I was new at this type of installation. I would recommend a professional such as a plumber if you are not comfortable with this ...

• type of installation but you want a whole house water filter.

Make sure you consider the operating specifications before you purchase the OMNIFILTER. The system has been tested and certified, but it still requires an operating pressure of 25-125psi and an operating temperature of 35-100 degrees Fahrenheit.

The only problem I have with the OMNIFILTER is that the filter cartridge becomes full very quickly. I think the filter cartridges are supposed to last three months, but mine last less than one month. I might be running more water through it than I should for the specification. If the filter cartridge becomes full you will see a dramatic decrease in the amount of

water flow. For example, your shower will not have the same kind of pressure as when you didn’t have the filter. Also, I have to turn off the water to change the filter cartridge. It would be nice to have an extra valve that allows for changing of the cartridge without turning off all the water in the household.

Overall, the OMNIFILTER does a great job removing sediment and mineral deposits. I no longer have to work as hard at keeping my toilets clean and free from the calcium build up. Just like changing the furnace filter, it is a good idea to change the whole household water filter cartridge just as often.

Nancy says :

re : I think the filter cartridges are supposed to last three months, but mine last less than one month
    My filter also filled in less than one month and they are expensive

So I installed another filter ahead of the Omnifilter, one with a screen that is permanent and can be flushed with a valve at the bottom with a valve… My water pressure dropped to nothing…. I’m not really sure what to do, or if any of these are useable at all…

Anyone have any ideas or advice? I’m all ears

Galega says :

Water pressured has dropped because of some internal technical issues. You should not try to fix it on your own as that can aggravate the problem. Since your water purifier is new, you should call the service center and let them fix the problem. Now a days, the manufacturer has started to provide water pressure switch on the purifier to let users handle it easily.

On a side note, low water pressure increases the life of your purifier.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 532903648220431/k2311a0329/3.29.09