Alternative Learning Systems New Delhi
New Delhi, India
  • Alternative Learning System (ALS) is one of the best coaching institutes of Delhi for the preparation of Indian Civil Services examination
  • However, the most that I like about this institute is the project coordinator Jojo Mathew
  • When I decided to appear in the exam, I was not aware of the difficulty level of the exam, neither was I aware of the level of preparation that is required to clear the exam
  • I think this is the best place where I have studied in my whole life

• by Lex

Alternative Learning System (ALS) is one of the best coaching institutes of Delhi for the preparation of Indian Civil Services examination. Every year lots of candidates clear the UPSC civil services exam by making their preparation from this institute. I am also a student of this institute.

I am studying here the General Studies and hoping to appear in the examination in the next year. To say the

least, I am fully satisfied with the performance of this institute.

For me, they are delivering what they promise. The GS faculty is diverse as the syllabus is diverse.

Every subjects has specialized teacher here and in some cases more than one teacher. However, the most that I like about this institute is the project coordinator Jojo Mathew.

He is a teacher of repute and to follow him as ...

• he says is sometime become a surety for success in the exam. The civil services exam conducted by the UPSC is considered as the toughest exam in the world.

The competition here is too much tough. When I decided to appear in the exam, I was not aware of the difficulty level of the exam, neither was I aware of the level of preparation that is required to

clear the exam.

However, now I am feeling confident and hope that the next attempt will be my first and the last attempt as I should clear the exam. Whatever the result may be, but the confidence that I am seeing inside me is all due to the unending support shown by the team ALS and their powerful and motivational speeches.

I think this is the best place where I have studied in my whole life.

christian guarin says :

anu - anu po ba ung mga reviewer na mga examination test sa als ?

Galega says :

Could not exactly decipher what you are trying to say. Please ask your question in English.

I think you are asking about the credentials of this institute. I would say that this is good coaching institute for IAS preparation. The General Studies is really good and as long as Jojo Mathews is teaching here, the institute will continue to shine. I never went here, but my room partner was enrolled with it and that’s how I came to know about ALS and its standard.

RAJESH says :

Sir,
    Could you guide me about ALS South Delhi branch. What will be the student strength and what about the faculty for GS. I live at Vasant kunj and looking for best ias institute for GS nearby Vasant kunj.

Galega says :

The batch strength varies depending on the registration. However, in any case, expect around 70 - 80 students in one batch.

The GS team of ALS is quite good and trustworthy led by Jojo Mathews, the most popular lecturer of IAS in Delhi. Apart from him, Manish Gautam (Indian Polity), Arunesh Singh (Indian Economy) are also worth your time. In South Delhi, ALS and Sri Ram IAS are two very good institutes.

RAJESH says :

Sir,
    ALS has its south delhi branch in r k puram but sriram is in rajinder nagar only.I seeks your advice for vajiram also. I need coaching for GS only. I heard that their notes are extensive but their classroom teaching is not very effective as the faculty has changed. Kindly suggest me which institute I should opt.

Galega says :

Yeah, Sri Ram is in Rajinder Nagar. So what. It is, undoubtedly, the best place to get trained for GS for UPSC Civil Services. As far as ALS is concerned, the faculty is still good. There is not an iota of doubt in my mind about this. Notes are not for what you should join an institute. Rather, it is the faculty and a place where you can have a group of like minded aspirants.

Vajiram and Ravi is going down every year. The only thing you will find here is a very good group, which will help you.

My ranking (choose according to your location, seniors’ suggestions and preferences):

1. Sri Ram IAS
    2. ALS
    3. Vajiram and Ravi

krishnapal singh says :

I m belong to rajasthan i want to join als in hindi medium. is i opt right ? I m going through first time for ias i want crack this exam in first attemp ihv taken project of one year
    i m average student
    Pls give some suggestion

Galega says :

ALS Hindi media is good. Just ensure to take admission in their Mukherji Nagar branch. It would be the best for GS (in Hindi medium). You can also consider joining Discovery, also located in Mukerji Nagar, Delhi.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 502803647910631/k2311a0328/3.28.09