Miniature Dachshunds  » Pets  »
  • I personally am in love with the breed and recommended to anyone looking for a dog to consider buying a miniature dachshund
  • Another interesting thing dachshunds love is blankets
  • If you plan on purchasing a dachshund, I recommend that you get them a bed that includes a blanket

• by courkey218

The miniature dachshund is the ideal “family friendly” breed. Their size makes them perfect for any environment. In addition to their cute stature, there are various colors and types of miniature dachshunds. The three types of dachshund are short haired, long haired, and wire haired.

They also have many different colorings such as dapple and piebald. I currently have two miniature dachshunds, one male and one female. Their coat is short haired and they have dapple markings.

I personally am in love with the breed and recommended to anyone looking for a dog to consider buying a miniature dachshund. Although the

breed has flaws, such as the fact that for such tiny little things they bark as much as the law will allow, one look into their bright shiny eyes and you’ll fall in love with them just like I did. Despite their negative qualities, this breed also has many entertaining characteristics.

For instance, the dachshund is notorious for playing games. I know this first hand. My male dachshund, Kovu, loves to play games.

He enjoys chewing bones, playing with toys, and anything that resembles a rubber ball. Another game dachshunds play is Hide-and-Seek. Kovu and I have played many times and ...

• he always finds me, no matter how long it takes.

Another interesting thing dachshunds love is blankets. If you plan on purchasing a dachshund, I recommend that you get them a bed that includes a blanket. They love to crawl under them and sleep.

Dachshunds are also lap dogs. If you do not want them on your furniture, train them from any early age. Trust me.

They will be tempted to jump on it. Also keep in mind that the way dachshunds are built make them vulnerable to back injuries. Try not to let them jump from high areas, as to

prevent them doing any harm to themselves.

One last thing to remember for those of you planning on purchasing a dachshund is to watch them when they are outside. The original miniature dachshunds were breed to hunt rabbits and force them out of their holes, so naturally they like to dig. My dogs have dug a hole or two in my backyard, but after scolding them they catch on quickly.

This concludes my review on the miniature dachshund. And remember, if you are looking for a dog and are smiling while reading this review, the miniature dachshund may be the perfect dog for you!

Miniature Dachshunds

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 292803647790631/k2311a0328/3.28.09