Apex DVD/SVCD/VCD Player  » Electronics  »
  • I was also warned by the sales person whom I bought it from that I shouldn't buy it because the door was likely to fall off
  • The picture was excellent and I did not experience any trouble with skipping either even with some of the more badly scratched DVDs
  • An odd thing I've noticed is that the DVD player has a little trouble playing certain discs

• by selphiealmasy8

Apex DVD Player is the first DVD player I ever purchased. I was also warned by the sales person whom I bought it from that I shouldn’t buy it because the door was likely to fall off.

Okay… So that wasn’t exactly the thing I wanted to hear. Still, I bought it, keeping the receipt safely tucked away somewhere incase it was needed.

It was pretty easy to hook-up, not to the TV I own, which is

an older model, but through the VCR and subsequently to the TV, the Goldstar VCR working as a good conduit.

The door did not immediately fly off, as I feared, which was a comforting sign as well. The picture was excellent and I did not experience any trouble with skipping either even with some of the more badly scratched DVDs.

The Apex DVD player can also play data discs, MP3’s, SVCDs and VCDs. It also states that ...

• it is PAL compatible, being able to play some foreign dics because of this feature. I did try out one PAL disc and it seemed to work fine.

The player has many of the standard features found in DVD players today. It can zoom, select different angles on discs that support this function, change audio, subtitles etc… via the remote. It is difficult to do most of these without the control, however, since the player itself

doesn’t have the buttons on it, but most universal remotes work on the Apex DVD player.

An odd thing I’ve noticed is that the DVD player has a little trouble playing certain discs: ones burned with certain programs have difficulty working.

It has been several years since I purchased the Apex DVD player but I am happy to report that the door has not flown off and the receipt has long since been discarded in the trash can.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 162803647720631/k2311a0328/3.28.09