Goldstar 4 Head Stereo VCR
  • It wasn't excatly a brand name that I'd ever heard of before but I was in pretty dire straights so I bought it anyway
  • I think that the Sylvania had a clearer picture and it recorded also in a higher quality, even in EP mode, though it was techniquely the same
  • It took me a few days to get past this but I found that this new VCR had some benefits over the previous one
  • There is a problem finding a replacement remote for the Goldstar VCR, since most of the universal ones often don't work

• by selphiealmasy8

When my Sylvania 4 Head Stereo VCR broke, it started to chew up cassette tapes on a regular basis right around the time the warrenty expired, it was pretty apparent that I’d need a new VCR to suit by recording needs.

One of the only VCR’s left on the store shelves during the Christmas rush was a Goldstar 4 Head Stereo VCR. It wasn’t excatly a brand name that I’d ever heard of before but I was in pretty

dire straights so I bought it anyway.

Setting it up was fairly simple and the manual was easy to understand. The picture/reception was a little less than what I had hoped or expected. I think that the Sylvania had a clearer picture and it recorded also in a higher quality, even in EP mode, though it was techniquely the same. Goldstar was fine in this area but not great. It took me a few days to get past this ...

• but I found that this new VCR had some benefits over the previous one.

The Goldstar VCR had a neat little function where by pressing the enter button on the remote you could occassionally see the program’s name, time and remaining time listed. This is handy when you don’t know what show is on.

Another plus is the fact that a DVD player can use the Goldstar VCR has a conduit to hook into an older TV that does not

have the required plugs for a DVD to hook into directly. My past Sylvania did not help in this situation at all so Goldstar was like a revelation.

There is a problem finding a replacement remote for the Goldstar VCR, since most of the universal ones often don’t work. A control for my old Zenith VCR seemed to work, however.

In closing, the Goldstar 4 Head VCR is a fine video recorder and player and has long survived its warrenty.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 162803647690631/k2311a0328/3.28.09