St.Ives Apricot Scrub  » Cosmetics  »
  • I have been using St. Ives Apricot Scrub for years now and it is the best facial scrub I have used to date
  • My suggestion is too not rub too hard when using this scrub

• by Siouxmix

I have been using St.Ives Apricot Scrub for years now and it is the best facial scrub I have used to date. I have very sensitive skin and this scrub doesn’t hurt my skin at all.

A 10 oz jar last me for about 6 months. I usually put a nickel

size amount in the palm pf my hand and mix it with a little Cetaphil liquid cleanser. After I mix this is my hand I very lightly rub it on my face in small circular motions. Doing this exfoliates and cleans my skin at the same time. This saves me time in the morning. At night, if I have time, I exfoliate first and clean after.

After using St. Ives Apricot scrub I can see that my face looks visibly healthier and the blackheads on my nose are reduced. Exfoliating your skin is very important to get rid of dead skin cells which ...

• St.Ives Apricot Scrub
      promote wrinkles too.

St.Ives Apricot scrub for all skin types is oil free and has 100% natural exfoliants. My suggestion is too not rub too hard when using this scrub. Just lightly massage in a circular motion and let the scrub do all the work. I have recommended this product to all

of my friends. I even use this on my body and with a pumice stone on my feet. Don’t get the one with the acid in it though, it’s more harsh. I also like that I can find St. Ives Apricot Scrub in most pharmacies and shopping stores like Walmart and it isn’t very expensive.

St.Ives Apricot Scrub
Joann Adolfo says :

re : My suggestion is too not rub too hard when using this scrub
yes I agree that you don’t have to rub so hard when you apply it because it will hurt your skin. Just a slight gentle rub and it works well because of the exfoliating ingredients are really great on this product.

Lucy says :

re : My suggestion is too not rub too hard when using this scrub
I looked on amazon, and professional dermatologists say that the scrub is actually not good for your skin. Instead of having a round shape, if you look closely, you’ll see that the beads are jagged. This may exfoliate well short-term, but in the long run, it will do more harm than good. The jagged edges will leave your skin weathered and vulnerable. I suggest using a scrub by clean and clear theirs usually work for me (combination skin).

Jennifer says :

re : My suggestion is too not rub too hard when using this scrub
Most definitely do not scrub too hard with this product The exfoliant used in this scrub are jagged and rough because it is actually made from ground apricot pits and crushed walnut shell (which is a common ingredient in cheaper exfoliating washes). Can you imagine what that would look like under a microscope? For patchy, dull skin, this works well until you achieve a nice smooth glow, but for maintenance it’s much better to switch to a micro-bead scrub, or a glycolic acid based formula. Tiny cuts in the skin can get infected and cause much more trouble than you began with.

accomccino says :

Thank you for this info Me and my sister like using this scrub and it did help to smoothen our skin as well as scrub away blackheads and whiteheads. I did notice that the scrub is very rough so I’m careful on how I scrub my face with it. I use to wonder why sometimes I get pinprick scars on some parts of my face and it’s quite possible it was because of this. I agree that for maintenance better find micro-bead scrub, gentle but still scrubby on the skin.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312703647621031/k2311a0327/3.27.09