Interview with the Vampire (R, 1994)
    • Item: Interview with the Vampire (R, 1994) movie Location: by: Famous

I am really late with watching a lot of good movies. I’ve always been a fan of vampire films, but somehow this one escaped me even after all these years.

At any rate, I watched it

recently, and I must admit that this is truly one of the best vampire films of all time.

Brad Pittwas in his acting prime, and even Tom Cruise (who I’m not particularly a fan of) was superb as “Lestat”.

Christian Slater plays the journalist who interviews ...

• the vampire Louis (Pitt).

And the way Louis describes how he came to be a vampire is truly a feast for the eyes.

Who really spiced this film up is Kirsten Dunst, who portrays Claudia, the precious little girl who joins Lestat and Louis in

their immortal blood-quest.

She absolutely steals the scene with her adult-like dialogue, and childlike mannerisms.

She is both creepy and delightful all at once.

I’ve seen Queen of the Damned, another Anne Rice based horror flick, and truly this one has more of a “masterpiece” feel.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11190664741130/k2311a0619/6.19.06