10″ Ryobi Chop Saw w/ Slider & Laser Line  » Housewares  »
  • Now I know it's only a few seconds, but those seconds add up, and for me time is money
  • So overall I'm finally impressed with a ryobi tool and haved to say I will consider thier product more in the future
  • To the reader I believe this saw is a great buy in both value and quality and would highly recommend it

• by Lee Perrott

Walking through home depot for a new chop saw, with little money to spare for it. I come across a couple Ryobi saws pretty cheap in fact just the thing I had been looking for. Complete with the slider for the long cuts and a pretty accurate laser ta-boot.

Now I myself have had some bad experiences with Ryobi tools, so I was of course reluctant to shell out about $160. The price had seemed to low to be anything worth it, but again I didn’t have a lot of money.

This also worked out, as replacement blades go for $8 - $12 depending on where you go, which to

me is pretty darn cheap. So the test at work the next day went well.

It had gone through constant use that day by myself and 3 others. As I had stated before, Ryobi wasn’t too great to me in the past, however this saw, for the price and capability was a steal.

I’ve found myself cutting a board, flipping and cutting again to go through the whole thing. Now I know it’s only a few seconds, but those seconds add up, and for me time is money.

As for the actual use of the slide, it works very well. In fact ...

• I’ve had this saw for maybe 6 months now and it still works brand new.

Also thanks to the slider I rarely hear this thing bog out on a cut. Another great thing is of course the laser.

Yes you can lower you blade and make sure your board is in the right spot, but wouldn’t it be nice to see exactly where your blade is going? I thought so and I was right. Now I’m not saying the laser is dead on, however it is a great aid with angles.

In the 6 months I’ve had this so far, as most

of my tools, has gotten constant use and abuse. Usually 5-7 days a week for maybe 10 hour work days, so you figure the saws not on all day, but it still gets a daily beating.

This is the first Ryobi tool I’ve had that hasn’t broken in the first two months. As for a matter of fact it stands up pretty good against what it’s been through.

So overall I’m finally impressed with a ryobi tool and haved to say I will consider thier product more in the future. To the reader I believe this saw is a great buy in both value and quality and would highly recommend it.

Don Ross says :

Can you give me the model number of this saw?

John says :

Here’s the model: TSS100L

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 532703646950731/k2311a0327/3.27.09